News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

IDLE SPEED DROPPING

Started by mbandit, October 14, 2005, 09:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

I'm on similar deal, with a pure stock car. but I'll start a different thread
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

mbandit

firefighter3931

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 17, 2005, 01:08:19 AM
usually between 1200 -1400 the carb will switch over to the main circuit depending on th esize of carb & engine

:iagree: But in this case it appears that at 1150rpm idle speed it's running on the main circuit. The idle mixture screws don't have any effect on idle quaity according to Mel.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

cudaken

Mell, I just send you a PM, if you don't want to take me up with the offer, that is fine. But as soon as I sent the PM I started to wonder if you have checked this.

What PSI do you have at the carb at idle?

Have you adjusted the float level?

I don't think that is it, but seems all the other bases have been covred.

At this point, I still think the Carb is the problem.

Cuda Ken.
I am back

Chryco Psycho

idle bleeds could be too large to get response with low vacuum

mbandit

Troy Hawkes of the Houston Mopar Connection Club loaned me a carb. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, TROY!

The motor started up 5th turn of the key and practically purred.  I'm over the moon!  This car has been kicking my ass for over 2 years now; at last we are nearly done.  We we rebuild my Holley and figure out what was wrong, get back with the diagnosis soon.

cudaken

Mbandit, glad to hear you know what the problem was and hope to hear you sing the praise of your Mopar. ;)

Cuda Ken
I am back

mbandit

Well we know where the problem is, just need to figure out the specifics.