News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front lower splash sheild & other fender reinstall questions...

Started by rebby, August 15, 2005, 10:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebby

I removed my fenders for some body work and am gathering the parts to put it all back together. I came across a "66-69 B-BODY/66-72 A-BODY/70-71 E-BODY FRONT LOWER SPLASH SHEILD" with this description:
"FASTENS TO BOTTOM OF FRAME RAIL IN FRONT OF K-MEMBER. PREVENTS DEBRIS FROM SPLASHING INTO ENGINE COMPARTMENT. PLASTIC REPRODUCTION FITS: 66-69 B-BODY/66-72 A-BODY/70-71 E-BODY FRONT LOWER SPLASH SHEILD. SOLD EACH." from the Paddock.

http://www.paddockparts.com/Paddock/productr.asp?pf%5Fid=FW6589&gift=False&0=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D4%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tree%3D%2CDodge%2FPlymouth&1=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D50%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tree%3D0%2CDodge%2FPlymouth%20Body%20Parts&2=product%5Ffamily%2Easp%2Cfamily%5Fid%3D950%26Tree%3D1%2CDodge%2FPlymouth%20Front%20Lower%20Splash%20Shields

What exactly is this part and where does it install? If it's what I think it is, my car didn't have one when I took it apart. Also, it says "sold each", do I need more than one? Does anybody have any pics of one of these?

Are there any other parts that I need or should get to put my fenders back on? I'm already planning on getting the inner fender splash sheild set. I would like a correct fender bolt set as well since many of mine were missing. Where can I get one of those? Anything else that I might be over looking? Now is the time to do it if it will ever need getting done.

Thanks in advance!
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Troy

I believe it's the hard plastic one that is riveted to the frame rail. I have pics somewhere at home. These are frequently lost because people bust the rivets off and then have no way to reinstall them. You can put them back on after the rest has been assembled as far as I know. I am not sure if you can buy the fender bolts but someone probably has them. There are splash shields that go in the front too.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

rebby

Quote from: Troy on August 15, 2005, 04:58:04 PM
I believe it's the hard plastic one that is riveted to the frame rail. I have pics somewhere at home. These are frequently lost because people bust the rivets off and then have no way to reinstall them. You can put them back on after the rest has been assembled as far as I know.
I looked a little bit closer and it turns out that I have these and mine are like new so I won't need to buy them. Oddly enough, I don't have any pictures where you can get a good look at them though. I'll be sure to get some...
I am not sure if you can buy the fender bolts but someone probably has them.
I haven't been able to find them either. They have to be out there somewhere. Maybe they are a fairly common bolt, I'll check my restoration manual.
There are splash shields that go in the front too.

Troy

There are? Now I know that I don't have those. Do you have a link on where to get them?

Thanks!
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

MTPOCKET

Here is a pic of lower splash sheld. :icon_smile:
And a pic of placement of shield and it's riveted to frame rail.
You   know ebay had some but don't have the link.
Here try these guys   http://www.moparsbycrane.com/

Troy

Quote from: rebby on August 15, 2005, 08:27:46 PM

There are splash shields that go in the front too.

Troy

There are? Now I know that I don't have those. Do you have a link on where to get them?

Thanks!

I should clarify that: there are gasket type pieces that go up inside the fender in the front. The rear splash shields are metal with the same type of gaskets at the top and rubber weatherstripping on the side.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

694spdRT

Here is a pic of the rear splash shield with the seal at the top and the front guard.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Needa68

Does anyone have a source for reproduction rear fender shields as shown in this (psfront1.JPG ) picture?
Drive fast, make the light.

The Mitchell & Mitchell 1968 Dodge Restorations

http://www.68dodgerestorations.com

hemi-hampton

8 out of 10 these plastic sheilds are pop rivited but I've seen a few that had a course threaded screw instead. Most likely non factory but some seemed to be original? :scratchchin: LEON.

8WHEELER

There used to be a guy selling these new on ebay, but nothing on now anyway, and it came with the large rivets.

So after looking around I found another seller and he has the rivets as well
Check out Bill at  A+M HIGHTECHAUTO.COM AUTO PARTS

Here is there web side, look in the body section and type splash shield in search.  http://amhightechauto.com/
Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.