News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I'm confused w/engine mounts!

Started by charger_72_318, October 14, 2005, 01:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_72_318

Well, I just came back with the drilled brackets from the shop, they fit perfect,' cause they are custom  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
Before I modify them, i over looked and analyzed the problem, we all know it's a weird situation if those are the same mounts, and not even the new one I bought worked, and I observed that if i change the left mount with the right one, they dropped into the right position, but obviously one has 3 holes and the other has 4, so that's when i decided to adapt it. I also saw one of the brackets have been previously fixed, perhaps there's the problem.
Here are some photos:

72 Charger hardtop tranny, carb and intake swap
92 Spirit DOHC Gone

charger_72_318

That should fix the problem  :D
The worst that could happen is an engine problem and:

92 Spirit DOHC Gone

charger_72_318

92 Spirit DOHC Gone

Ghoste

Well then, hopefully everything is in there straight and you're good to go.

Beer

So how is this going to affect the driveshaft? Is it now going to lose 1 1/2" of motion one way or the other?

This may cause you driveshaft issues next.
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

charger_72_318

Quote from: Beer on October 27, 2005, 08:03:35 AM
So how is this going to affect the driveshaft? Is it now going to lose 1 1/2" of motion one way or the other?

This may cause you driveshaft issues next.

Well, is not that much.
How much does your car have of clearance down there?

92 Spirit DOHC Gone

Ghoste

I think on mine there's about an inch.

Beer

Mine is all apart so I don't know.
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

charger_72_318

Quote from: Ghoste on October 27, 2005, 05:41:33 PM
I think on mine there's about an inch.
Great Ghoste, mine too, beer was just trying to scare me man :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Let's just hope Beer, that u don't get a headache with those engine mounts   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
BTW do you have a post about that engine you are working on, was a 318 right?

92 Spirit DOHC Gone

Beer

Yes I do  ;D

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,283.0.html

Was not trying to scare ya. Just one thing may affect something else and that is the next part of the chain.