News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Restorations of member's cars (Part 5 added--Jan. 4/2010)

Started by 69bronzeT5, May 15, 2008, 02:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: Iron Chef on October 26, 2012, 06:44:24 AM
Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on October 24, 2012, 11:30:08 AM
My '71 R/T.....

Boy that is one SHARP R/T.  Absolutely beautiful.  AND power windows and factory A/C???  You've got a rare car there.  Excellent job.  :2thumbs:

Thanks guys!
Yeah it's a pretty heavily optioned car; Cruise, Air Conditioning, Power windows, Power disc (front) brakes, AM/FM radio, Cassette player, Console shifted Automatic, Six way adjustable seat, White interior and Stripe delete.

Mopar1979

JamieZ

Started a restro thread over on For B Bodies.  Going slow fixing little stuff for now, but hope to get into some bigger projects soon:

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?60200-JamieZ-s-68-Charger

fy469rtse

Not within my skills on computers, but could this be updated and added to ?

charger-project.com

You can follow my restoration at www.charger-project.com
I hope to post direct pics later on this forum but for now i needed to update and translate my site.
1969 charger restoration, total restoration process can be found at www.charger-project.com and foto.charger-project.com/   |   1969 charger SE 440 727

resq302

While its not a charger, I didn't think it would be appropriate to post the progress on the resto of my Dad's 69 GTX vert on here so I did a start to finish thread over on here.   

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?67715-Bringing-it-back-to-factory-specs

Feel free to add it to the links if you'd like    :2thumbs: as there are a lot of techniques that can apply to Chargers also !
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Harper

1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

67 CC

chapel40

Don Chapel

nchrome

Well l'm new here But l just bought a 69 charger supposedly all matching #s after l figure out how to post pictures l'll post pictures of ven# and fender tag. l also found the build sheet under the sheet where it is suppose to be.  l just don't know how to get it out of there without tearing it. l don't plan on reupholstering it at this time so undoing the hog hoops is out of the question. Any ideas for me guys.

Challenger340

Quote from: nchrome on February 26, 2018, 09:37:23 PM
Well l'm new here But l just bought a 69 charger supposedly all matching #s after l figure out how to post pictures l'll post pictures of ven# and fender tag. l also found the build sheet under the sheet where it is suppose to be.  l just don't know how to get it out of there without tearing it. l don't plan on reupholstering it at this time so undoing the hog hoops is out of the question. Any ideas for me guys.

Photographing it in place beforehand might be a good idea ?
Get some help, and then all we did was lift the hog hoops with one hand each, while pressing the fabric backing down, and gently move the B-Sheet out.

Welcome and Congrats on the Charger :2thumbs:
Only wimps wear Bowties !

nchrome

l'll try that and hope it works cause l really would like to read it and see what is on it

nchrome

Well had to do what l didn't want to do take some of the hog hoops out   Found a couple through the sheet but was able to get it out without too much damage  here's whats on it line 1 B190317  B21  070876 ven XP 29G9G173368   line 2 eng 61 tran 32  axle52  tires T85 trim C6W   l think l have robbed  enough of this post just waned to know a few things here thanks in advance

superbirdtom

says i cant start new post??   here goes  been in storage for 40 years  going back to limelight - 383 auto  now 4 speed w built 440  .

darbgnik

Weird you can't start a new thread on this car. Seems too nice a project to be hidden in this thread......
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

superbirdtom

Quote from: darbgnik on March 29, 2020, 08:57:54 PM
Weird you can't start a new thread on this car. Seems too nice a project to be hidden in this thread......

WELL I GUESS ILL KEEP ADDING TO MY THREAD ON HERE  as this whole thread is for members cars restorations.

dreamcatcher

Good to see your building Tom. Knowing you it will be a beauty. I will have to show you my new project I lucked into. Great to see you on here again.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

superbirdtom

Yes i guess Ill never stop working on mopars. its green again back to original and motor is in -putting in exhaust etc.   going to get it running then put the doors front end etc on   then wetsand exterior and put 4 coats of concept on   Its extremly straight and the lines are beautiful.