News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what is the correct z-bar for my 70 charger?

Started by troy.70R/T, June 01, 2008, 07:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

I have a 70 charger 440 4-speed I am using a 68 11inch bellhousing and flywheel. I can not seem to get my z-bar all the way in. I stops just a little before it would be in nice and straight. Like the zbar is just a little to long. can anyone telll me the measurement of the correct z-bar I need?

tecmopar

It should be 9" long and have one straight arm and the other will have an offset, they should be stamped S2K and S2M. Check the holes for the retaining clip and make sure there isn't a broken off piece of clip in one of them because thats the only thing that keeps it from moving side to side, good luck.

troy.70R/T

thanks for the numbers. there is nothing still in the z-bar I was just wondering if the 11 inch bellhousing instead of the 10.5 inch like my 70 should have would make enough diffrence to give me that problem.

troy.70R/T

can you tell me where that number would be stamped at on the z bar. I see some on one of the arms but not reall able to make it out. also does the offset side go to the clutch pedal side or the transmission side? I have one that is 9 inches overall and 7 inches between the two arms. this is not the one I tried using

troy.70R/T

Here is a pic of another z-bar that I have. I believe it to be the correct one my the measurements but could not find any readable numbers or letters on it.

tecmopar

That looks to be it, the #'s are on each arm and you'll have to clean them real good to find 'em but they should be there. The offset arm goes to the bellhousing side, bellhousing won't make a difference, 10 1/2 or 11", remove the spring clip and clean the inside real good then take a set of the bushings, place them on a ballstud and make sure they will slide in almost all the way, this way you'll know there are no obstructions in there, good luck.

troy.70R/T

alright. thanks for the help. I appreciate it.Troy