News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone restore their A/C, Heater, defrost buttons?

Started by Spartan, October 10, 2005, 07:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

I was just going thru my notes from my last visit to my 69 and I remembered my buttons are looking a little shabby.  A couple are faded and allot of the white letters are gone and the indentations are warn.  What have any of you done to restore these?
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

moparjohn

I used the Performance Car graphic's stickers on mine, looks way better and real easy to do.
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

4402tuff4u

Any pic's ??. That's one of my upcoming projects. Currently doing the heater/A/C box. I'll post pic's soon.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Just 6T9 CHGR

I used the decals as well.   They offer a resilkscreening service but the wait is pretty long and cost a lot more than the $10 for the decals.
If you look close youcan tell there are decals on there but I've had them on there for 5+ years now with no problems....

heres a crappy pic...anyone notice anything strange?  ;)

PS--440 where did you get the foam to replace the old seals etc?  I remember someone making a kit for the non-A/C boxes but not the A/C ones
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Spartan

can you spray the buttons black?  the middle too are almost grey and the rest are black.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

dodgecharger-fan

Quoteanyone notice anything strange?

No A/C vents in the center..?

Mfr426

Yeah, an AC control setup with no AC vent just below. Actually, I'm thinking about that option for my 69 AC too.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on October 12, 2005, 04:42:46 PM
Quoteanyone notice anything strange?

No A/C vents in the center..?

Since I didnt have my A/C setup under the hood anyway, I liked the cleaner look on a non-A/C pad
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Spartan on October 11, 2005, 08:05:47 PM
can you spray the buttons black? the middle too are almost grey and the rest are black.

Yes I believe the directions tell you to spray the buttons first to mathc the decals ----satin black I believe
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Spartan

Very cool.  Thanks.  Sounds like I have another fall project now lol, on top of everything else I have torn apart and different states of restoration.....I will have the best looking car not to be on the road lol.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Heres a slightly better pic...... ::)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T