News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do you just leave your computer connected to this site?

Started by Drache, July 27, 2005, 08:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Ok I just had to ask this! I don't think I've ever really seen less than 20 users online! Some I've sworn to see on there connected all day long. So do some of you have cable internet and just leave this page up and running on your computer all day long?

BTW I know you do Troy since you time online is like over 3 damn days lol!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Shakey

Hell ya it matters Troy.  ::)

Take me for instance, I know that I will never get the most posts because I have to work so I can get money to finish my Charger.  This kinda bums me out.  However, I am aiming for having the record for being online the longest so that I can go home to my family and friends and brag about how I am the coolest guy because I have been online longer than the other guys.  I think it will also get me some respect around here, you know being dedicated to Chargers and all, and of course when I am browsing other boards I let it be known that I am the "online guy" at this site!  I leave my computer on at work 24/7 so that I can be "the coolest"!  My wife is very disapointed with me for not having the most posts, but she said she would not leave me.

Old Moparz

I turn everything off when I leave the room. I disconnect the telephone wires from the computer, the tv, the answering machine & sometimes turn off the main switch for my electric so viruses, hackers, telemarketers & drunken relatives leave me alone. I also started getting into closing the toilet seat lid so the aliens that disguise themselves as telephone company workers don't get in. They have collapsable skeletons & use manholes in the roads to get into your plumbing lines. If you close the toilet seat lids you can hear the hard hats click on it & have fair enough warning that they're inside & have time to escape.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

RD

Quote from: Shakey on July 27, 2005, 10:50:02 AM
Hell ya it matters Troy.   ::)

Take me for instance, I know that I will never get the most posts because I have to work so I can get money to finish my Charger.   This kinda bums me out.   However, I am aiming for having the record for being online the longest so that I can go home to my family and friends and brag about how I am the coolest guy because I have been online longer than the other guys.   I think it will also get me some respect around here, you know being dedicated to Chargers and all, and of course when I am browsing other boards I let it be known that I am the "online guy" at this site!   I leave my computer on at work 24/7 so that I can be "the coolest"!   My wife is very disapointed with me for not having the most posts, but she said she would not leave me.

no your not! i will make it my life's endeavor to stop your evil plan of internet gluttony and take the crown of the chargeronlinethemost championship!!!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

andy74

man old moparz,thats pretty funny! i didnt know where that noise was coming from!

sandman21

tomonty

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 27, 2005, 10:58:00 AM
I turn everything off when I leave the room. I disconnect the telephone wires from the computer, the tv, the answering machine & sometimes turn off the main switch for my electric so viruses, hackers, telemarketers & drunken relatives leave me alone. I also started getting into closing the toilet seat lid so the aliens that disguise themselves as telephone company workers don't get in. They have collapsable skeletons & use manholes in the roads to get into your plumbing lines. If you close the toilet seat lids you can hear the hard hats click on it & have fair enough warning that they're inside & have time to escape.

You do that too?? Whew...glad I am not the only one. I was worried there for awhile.
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

Troy

Well, I was going to provide some insight into how the internet actually works but this is way more fun.

Troy

Wakko

Can you actually STAY connected to the site?  I thought it needed a transfer of information to be "connected".  I never shut my PC off and always has a window open with this forum on it, but that doesn't mean I'm connected.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Troy

Quote from: Wakko on July 27, 2005, 12:26:06 PM
Can you actually STAY connected to the site? I thought it needed a transfer of information to be "connected". I never shut my PC off and always has a window open with this forum on it, but that doesn't mean I'm connected.

No, you can't. The web server only knows that you made any requests and how often you made them. It uses session data to keep you logged in for a certain amount of time but it has no idea how long it takes you to read or if you've left the page open for a week.

Troy

4cruzin

Like it says at the bottom of the home page . . . . "user active in the past 15 minutes"  Once you're not active for 15 minutes, you get logged off and stop adding to your time online. 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Mefirst

Guys be careful what you post... The CIA is watching us :-X

Drache

Ok so we are NOT a bunch of freaks... just fanatics!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69_500

i know I stay logged on here pretty much the whole time i'm at the computer. When I"m working on editing the video's or even updating the website for my company. However that doesn't mean that I"m actually on this website or reading everything. Then again I still only have 5 hours of log in time.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Drache

Personally everytime I check my email or work on the net I am connectecd to this message board
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Silver R/T

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 27, 2005, 10:58:00 AM

lol ure smoking something new out there
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ck1

Quote from: Shakey on July 27, 2005, 10:50:02 AM
Hell ya it matters Troy.   ::)

Take me for instance, I know that I will never get the most posts because I have to work so I can get money to finish my Charger.   This kinda bums me out.   However, I am aiming for having the record for being online the longest so that I can go home to my family and friends and brag about how I am the coolest guy because I have been online longer than the other guys.   I think it will also get me some respect around here, you know being dedicated to Chargers and all, and of course when I am browsing other boards I let it be known that I am the "online guy" at this site!   I leave my computer on at work 24/7 so that I can be "the coolest"!   My wife is very disapointed with me for not having the most posts, but she said she would not leave me.
:image_294343:I think you would get respect on this site by helping people with there charger from having knowledge these cars in restoring and the preservation of them, not a stat or a number to say look at me, look at me.............
CJK

Troy

Some people need to learn to recognize sarcasm...

Troy

Shakey

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 27, 2005, 08:28:36 PM
na only spend few spare mins on this site

That is why you only have a paltry 10 posts!

Troy

Quote from: Shakey on July 28, 2005, 06:55:52 AM

:D

Silver R/T: 1 day 13 hours 43 minutes (Time Online) - 363 posts......................... Member for 9 days ;)

Troy

Shakey

Quote from: Troy on July 28, 2005, 07:54:51 AM
Quote from: Shakey on July 28, 2005, 06:55:52 AM

:D

Silver R/T: 1 day 13 hours 43 minutes (Time Online) - 363 posts......................... Member for 9 days ;)

Troy

I know that he was in a posting contest with Drache and that both of their post counts got reset to zero for some reason.  I knew he was being sarcastic.

Don't mind me, just having some fun with him!

mustanghater

I'm on off and on all day,I think my hours are getting reset,
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Drache

Accuatlly Shakey we weren't having a posting contest. We were just talking about post counts and such and making jokes about our post counts being so high. Thus the reason they were reset to 1 lol
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire