News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

question about cam lobes

Started by original72, October 15, 2005, 11:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

original72

obviously if a intake cam lobe is wiped it is easy to tell as the car will have a miss... but how can you tell if a exhaust cam lobe is wiped besides taking off the intake????

Chryco Psycho

generally you will get a backfire into the intake if the hot exhaust gases cannot get out the exhuast guess where they go when the intake valve opens 

original72

thanks for the reply.... this is my first hi po engine with headers and everything gets somewhat warm under the hood including the valve covers.... thought maybe an exhaust lobe might of wiped and sent the gases back into the intake and warmed everything up.... has a ever so slight rough idle but i am guessing that is from the 488 lift cam.....

Thanks Again
Bill

Chryco Psycho

a new engine will run a but on the hot side usually , & the duration & overlap will affect the idle Not the lift but generally a 488 lift will have a significant amount of duration as well which will give a rough idle