News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Last real General Lee? Please.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, May 30, 2008, 01:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

moparstuart

thats a bunch of crap , not real documentation.  hey they used the brake pedal from one of the real cars   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dave22443

Wrong antenna.
Still has side markers.
Wrong mirrors
Tail not blacked out.

Hell, its not even a BB.  :slap:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Ghoste

Certificate comes from Volo and I don't know that they aren't a whole lot better than HLPAG in many ways, are they?

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ghoste on May 30, 2008, 02:45:46 PM
Certificate comes from Volo and I don't know that they aren't a whole lot better than HLPAG in many ways, are they?
Just what I was thinking. :lol:
If it has Volo's stamp of approval on it, that's the first good reason to automatically whip out the  :icon_bs: flag.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

451-74Charger

Doenst anyone even notice the spelling on the Certificate?
Geesh, not woth the toilet paper its printed on

Mike DC

"GL#230," is a replica that was recently bashed together with a few odds & ends from one of the original GL subcontractors.  Their official # of supplied GLs in the early 1980s was 229.

Ghoste

So what is the "general" opinion of the car among the DOH cognoscenti?

FLG

Yep apparently they cant spell "Vehicle" right either  :slap:

CB

I think this is a  :shruggy: car that this company sells.
When they read VOLO, I remeber a member on the board has being scammed by them.
I do hope they sell correct cars...
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

histoy

If you ever read the info they list for their cars, you'll notice that the person doing them must have flunked many spelling tests while in school....

Tilar

What?? None of you believe that it is an Authentcity Vehical:lol:

It does say "Cinematic" which I guess you could take as "It looks like a real GL"

And the interior has as much paint on it as the exterior.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

CB

He has a good feedback on the Bay, right?
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Tilar

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. Not all politicians are crooks when they first take office. I'm not saying this guy is either, but he may be misinformed from the previous owners.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Dave22443

Well, with a buy it now price of $159,995.00  somebody is mis-informed  :eek2:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

CB

Quote from: Tilar on May 30, 2008, 04:38:07 PM
That doesn't necessarily mean anything. Not all politicians are crooks when they first take office. I'm not saying this guy is either, but he may be misinformed from the previous owners.

you mean, he could be mislead by Volo too?
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Mike DC

It's not considered a legit Warner Bros car by anyone who is very GL-informed. 

It's basically just a replica with a few significant minor parts & signatures. 

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 451-74Charger on May 30, 2008, 03:05:39 PM
Doenst anyone even notice the spelling on the Certificate?
Geesh, not woth the toilet paper its printed on

I noted that on my first post, and you might want to spell "Doesn't" and "worth"  correct next time. :hah:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

rusty lee

wrong c b as well.      so if I paint my car like a G L and throw on some Hazzard county dirt on the quaters does that make it G L #231

sick dawg

Quote from: rusty lee on May 30, 2008, 09:18:07 PM
wrong c b as well.      so if I paint my car like a G L and throw on some Hazzard county dirt on the quaters does that make it G L #231

No, not at all! You would be #232,  number 231 is already sitting in my garage, and for that kind of money it's for sale to the highest bidder.
ps / my car has a Hemi and a Dana too! :cheers:

lacucarachaloco

Hahaha I just saw this... that's bullshit... I own the last and unfinished General Lee.. the one that was next on the chopping block and they had already started converting into a jump car.. I bought it from Premiere Studio rentals.. who bought it from the Veluzat bros. and it is STILL in the same shape it was in when they pulled the plug on the series... all I've done is start gathering parts to get her back in the road

Mike DC

They pulled the plug on the Veluzats in late 1981 but the TV show continued until 1985.  The new people took over the existing Veluzat car stockpile when they changed suppliers. 

KWS

Quote from: lacucarachaloco on May 21, 2010, 03:52:13 PM
Hahaha I just saw this... that's bullshit... I own the last and unfinished General Lee.. the one that was next on the chopping block and they had already started converting into a jump car.. I bought it from Premiere Studio rentals.. who bought it from the Veluzat bros. and it is STILL in the same shape it was in when they pulled the plug on the series... all I've done is start gathering parts to get her back in the road

Is your name Mark? If not, did you buy your car from a guy named Mark in TX? If so, I almost bought that car before I built my Xtreme Lee, and Mark was a nice guy.

CornDogsCharger

That car the Volos were trying to sell is nothing more than a replica with a few supposed "original GL" parts.  Who can you even trrust these days on what is real and what isn't.  Heck, even John Schneider was cashing in on the deal.  When the Reunion was being filming one of the cars that were purchased had a trunk full of parts.  John ended up with the parts and started selling them off as "Original General Lee Parts" back in the late '90s.  I remember one of the parts for sale was the center section of a '68 grille.  How many '68s did you see on the show..... still wearing the '68 grille?  And yes, I know '68s were used with the verticle '69 section added on, but trust me... this wasn't that. 
   Anyways, there are so many people who claim to have the last original GL.  The lady up in Washington state that stole Rich Sephton's wheelstander GL claims that car is the last GL also.  For a long time, the car I have was considered to be the last GL.  I have the car that was jumped on the '00 Reunion Movie.  I have never called it the last GL but it was considered "the last" by many people.  I have a small stash of original GL parts... so if anyone has a replica, but would like to make it the real deal, let me know.   :smilielol:  Fire up your Microsoft Word and print up a fancy Certificate.  :2thumbs:

Justin
"CornDog" 

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Cooter

Wow, I sure am Glad all the '58 plymouth, "Christines" were destroyed except the two that remain....Otherwise, I guess we'd be wondering who had the Last one of about 30 58's....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

GL#10

Hey

Corndog  your GL is the last General Lee purchased by the W.B for the reunion  , and its also the last  tv series GL to be jumped  ,  sound to me like you have the last tv series Gl  used .

K.c