News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

sunroof question

Started by rudyjrusa, January 26, 2007, 08:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doright

Barnfindcuda
I just went threw and reread all your posts, You have worked on more of these things than you are letting on too havnt you?
I will try looking up your old contacts although it might be nice to tell them who sent me to them? or should I just say OL' Barnfindcuda sent me? LOL

Yes the foam I am talking about is the soround for the interior headliner, I was hopeing to find some one makeing it, Im not very good at stuff like that nuts bolts no problem! Trying to make a new one from scratch? artsy fartsy stuff ? me? argh.. takes forever. 
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

Doright

I am still looking for the interior foam for my car like to find NOS or good used piece I would prefer not to try to make my own
Doright
A&P FCC 

Doright

I just received my two NEW NOS sunroof cables and repops of the seals from Kelly's SunRoof Parts the seals are made by the original OEM mfg.!!!!
This guy rocks!!!!! parts are excellent!!!!! shipping was extremely fast!!!!!! and packaging extraordinary!!!!!!!

Kelly's SunRoof Parts
1501 Gold Rush rd.   
Bullhead city AZ 86442
1-888-298-8140
Tell him Dennis Sent you!!!! from the web site!!!!! I told him I would post it up  He is expecting to here from you! as of yet he says no one has called??? ???
Doright
A&P FCC 

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Doright on March 16, 2007, 03:10:23 PM
I just received my two NEW NOS sunroof cables and repops of the seals from Kelly's SunRoof Parts the seals are made by the original OEM mfg.!!!!
This guy rocks!!!!! parts are excellent!!!!! shipping was extremely fast!!!!!! and packaging extraordinary!!!!!!!

Kelly's SunRoof Parts
1501 Gold Rush rd.   
Bullhead city AZ 86442
1-888-298-8140
Tell him Dennis Sent you!!!! from the web site!!!!! I told him I would post it up  He is expecting to here from you! as of yet he says no one has called??? ???

these is one seal that goes around the roof for the sunroof and there is one for the sunroof itself and has rivets on it - it keeps part of the vinyl top on sunroof.  are these the rubber seals you are talking about???

Doright

Yes those are the seals I am talking about BUT they are not made of rubber but are an aluminum strip wraped in a soft felt with a blue rubber or plastic bulb,  This side goes up the side with the bulb not down.
Doright
A&P FCC 

barnfindcuda

i am glad kelly's were able to help you!  good luck with your restoration!

Doright

I got a lot more parts too buy before things can begin picked up a nice set of used power window switches the other day on ebay for 400 bucks :icon_smile_blackeye:
Things haven't even really started and I'm out over a grand already. This one is going too hurt
Doright
A&P FCC 

Doright

:bump:

I am still looking for a supplyer for interior foam peice for a 72 with elect control

Any one else have any Sunroof parts supplers?
Doright
A&P FCC 

Doright

:bump:
Hello I am still looking!!!
Help please!
Doright
A&P FCC 

Doright

Ifinaly found some foam to replace mine
Can any one else supply parts links for these roofs?
Doright
A&P FCC 

superbee383

Does anyone know if you can convert a 73-74 manual sunroof to power by adding a motor like the 71-72?  Is it the same setup with only the crank assembly that's different? :shruggy:
71 Superbee
04 Avalanche Z66
04 Jaguar XJ8

konigcharger

i have heard that there is very little that is interchangeable between 71-72 &73-74 sunroofs

:shruggy:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.