News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Well... I too will be putting down a best friend....

Started by TruckDriver, October 16, 2005, 05:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I discovered today too that my best friend, my red/white cat has cancer in his face, and bad enough that he only has a few months to live. This is the 3rd cat over the years that has had this. The inside of his mouth is already turning black and bleeding. It was last Thanksgiving I had to put down another cat I had a long time. Red is 6 years old. :'( :'(

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Nupe

Just remember it is better than letting them suffer.  Had to do that as a kid with a cat we had for about 8 years.  That sucked...

'79 Lil'Red Express.

CFMopar

1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

Baracda

Sorry to hear about your pet.  I had to do that to a fantastic dog I had three years ago on December 26.  The kids were devastated, we had had the dog 10 years and my oldest boy was turning 9 two weeks later.

jim

charge69

So sorry to hear that. We ( wife and I ) have had cats for pets for over 25 years and they are wonderful. Don't let it suffer.  The shelters are full of cats that need a good home. Get another one. Will not diminish the memory of that one. Sorry man.

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Afflyer

It's absolutely the toughest and sadest thing to do.  But also, the deepest and kindest expression of love you could make, as to put your cat or dog out of certain misery and to a better place where they will suffer no more.

I did this back in the summer of '01, as the first dog I ever owned by myself, a beautiful blonde cocker spaniel of nine years, Trinity, had a "breakthrough" epileptic seizure.  I was always warned by my vet that even with the daily phenobarbital treatments I gave her, she could still have a major seizure, called a "breakthrough".

Well, that day happened and it was the longest night and day of my single life.  The seizure was so dibilitating, that it gave her a stroke on her entire left side and she would never recover fully from. 

I knew what I had to do, but it still took the reccomendation from my vet to hear it for myself.  I had to put her down.

I was there when she got that fatal shot and stayed with her to the very last breath.  My eyes still well up with tears as I remember that moment.  It was the sadest thing I've ever had to do, but also the kindest expression of love for her.  She looked at me in her last moments and I knew she was thanking me for everything.  She knew she had to go and she let me let her go.  And then she was gone.  My God, that hurt so much.

I dread the day that my two lovely and crazy boxers will meet the last days that come to them.  It will be just as it was on the day I let Trinity go.

But remember, we bring these lovey animals into our lives, making them true members of our families, for all the best of reasons.  All the while, knowing that we will outlive them and that they will never really be replaced.

All my best to you and just know, that they do know that it's for their best interests.  I've seen the look they give in the end, and though it doesn't make it any easier on you or your heart, it's what is best for their situation and quality of life.

You have to respect that.

Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

89MOPAR

Sorry to hear you will be losing another pet to the same affliction.  Are these cats related ?   Strange that 3 should have the same condition.

Had a cat that I adopted , called Scardeycat, it did not want to stay with us. I let all cats be inside/outside cats, within a month or so it disappeared.
I saw it a couple of  times in the neighborhood afterwards, but it wouldn't let me approach it. About a year after he ran off, Scardeycat shows up on the porch, shivering badly. He is sick , I didn't know what was wrong. I set out a big box filled with blankets and put him in it, with food, petted him for 10 minutes, then I had to get to class. I figured I would take him to the vet when I got back home that day. When I got home he was in the box, Dead.
  It amazes and saddens me that he came back to die there. I felt really badly about leaving for school instead of being with him when he expired.
He did get a proper burial and lives on in my memory.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

CFMopar

Those are both real sad stories.

Its uncanny how smart an animal can be sometimes.....

TheGhost

My dog is 8 years old this month.  I'm dreading the day I have to put him down. :-[
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

TruckDriver

Quote from: 89MOPAR on October 16, 2005, 10:36:58 PM
Are these cats related ?     

No, this is over 35 years of haveing cats that I had 3 with cancer. But this will be the 3rd in the past 3 years. Around last thanksgiving I put down my female seal point siamese cause of this same thing. She was 8 years old. The irony of this is that these 3 are/were the best 3 cats I ever owned as far as their personalities. This one now likes to talk to me all the time with short little mews. He is also a great backup alarm in the morning. He knows that if I dont get up after the alarm clock goes off, he will get me going by giving little nips on the head. It will really be hard too cause his brother and him never been separted and always play, sleep, and eat together. As far as replacing him, I still will own 3 cats yet. I'll wait a while................................................................why me :'(
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Chryco Psycho

it always hurts to do this my condolences
weird that 3 cats you have owned have had this problem though any idea as far as the cause ? 

TruckDriver

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 17, 2005, 01:20:51 AM
weird that 3 cats you have owned have had this problem though any idea as far as the cause ?  

No I don't. Although, it is ironic that the 3 were all in the same house together when I was still married. But my cats never go outside to catch anything. My mom had to do this when I was about 10 to one of their cats. I think Red was born with it because he has always had rotten breath.
PETE

gsmopar

I'm sorry about your loss, but from reading the posts above I think you should be more concerned with your and your families health. 

4402tuff4u

That is peculiar that all three came down with the same ailment. Could it be the type/brand of food? Sorry to hear that. Just dont let them suffer. Animals dont show pain to easily.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Doc74

So sorry man, Emily had both her cats put down last summer, only a few weeks apart.They both got to be 19 which is more than anyone expected but it always hurts.
I'm very glad you know what to do when they suffer and take responsibility, Red will be forever thankful.

cudaken

I am soory to hear that as well. When I lost Red Sonya, she went quick. Guess we where lucky in that reguards. She was my beloved Irish Wofound, 165 pounds of pure love.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on October 17, 2005, 01:51:33 PM
That is peculiar that all three came down with the same ailment. Could it be the type/brand of food?
That's what I was thinking...or maybe some cleaning agent they may have gotten into?
I've had many, many cats & have never had one with that condition.

Regardless, that really does suck to have to part with another pet. Hang in there, Man.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Arigmaster

Our sympathy  goes out to you and your family...

We had to make a very painful choice about 3 months ago with one of our dogs and it was very difficult. Even now we really miss her. She was only 3 years old but she was turning very mean and unpredictable. I had to make a choice after her 3rd incident where she bit my wife in the face and was going back for more. There was no provocation for this. You see, it's not her fault either.... She was a wolf/dog hybred that we adopted but at the time we didn't realize it. as she got older, her personality changed and although she was 90% sweetheart there was that 10% wild & unpredictable. We couldn't take the risk of her doing something really awful to another family memebr, neighbor or stranger. We know we made the right choice but man! it was so painful. We all loved her very much.

I wish I could attach a picture of her but they are all over 600 kb...

Her name was Penny...

CFMopar

CB

I feel sorry for you,really...

I took the toughest desicion of my life, picking up the phone this Sunday and ask for the docter to come.
He put my Dober too sleep :'(
Everybody say it's for the best. You must believe it or you become crazy of sadness.
I blame myself sometimes..
I miss you Zaidan!  :cryin:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Charger4404spd

Sorry for your loss. Were all the cats related? Maybe a hereditary thing.

TruckDriver

PETE

Chargerguy74

Sorry to hear that DCG. I have 2 dogs 11 years old each. One has cancer and is slowly dying...but he doesn't know it, no pain. I hope their days never come......but they will.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002