News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What year was the fast and Fuyious Charger?..

Started by Brock Samson, July 19, 2005, 12:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

the F&F car was a 1976 volare rebodied as a 70 R/T Rallye, N96 coded, Charger 500.  They need the front torsion bar system on the F body so the car in the movie could handle the hills and turns  :icon_smile_big:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

JimShine

Yeah Troy had it. I think I was the source though. I remember throwing that out in the chatroom ages ago in a conversation and he got a good charge out of it.

Ponch ®

Quote from: tomonty on July 19, 2005, 12:46:35 PM
The Charger in the Fast and the Furious was a 1970 Charger R/T LE SE;   1 of 1 car; Price inestimable

wansnt it a 500 too? I heard it came with the 440 Hemi, but I could be wrong and it might have been a Boss 454.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

69hemi

So how hard is it to put a blower on a slant-6 automatic Charger?  I didn't see the movie but I bet the kids would think I am hip again at the malt shop!
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

Ghoste

A blower to be hip??  You need a big stereo, one fart can exhaust tip, neon lighting under the car, clear taillight lenses, bling bling rims, rubber band tires, hydraulic suspension, and a homemade wing on the back.

69hemi

http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

Ghoste

SeattleCharger

Quote from: RD on July 19, 2005, 02:05:10 PM
the F&F car was a 1976 volare rebodied as a 70 R/T Rallye, N96 coded, Charger 500.   They need the front torsion bar system on the F body so the car in the movie could handle the hills and turns   :icon_smile_big:

That might be, you know, the Mad Max Interceptor was actually a Ford Falcon Australian model, but customized.  So you never know.  I say volare, I had one, and it drove about the same as I imagine the F & F Volarie/70 RT probably drove.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Andrew

Charger, eh?

I thought it was one of them magnum fastbacks, ya know the one with the 265 hemi that everyone says has too maky doors.

DONT WORRY! :o

Shakey

This is all news to me.  I have never seen the movie "Fast and Furious", I thought it was a movie about jerking off!

Dale The Bold

Quote from: JimShine on July 19, 2005, 02:14:05 PM
Yeah Troy had it. I think I was the source though. I remember throwing that out in the chatroom ages ago in a conversation and he got a good charge out of it.

The real credit for the sarcasm detector gag has to go to Professor Frink and Jeff Albertson.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

defiance

Quote from: Ghoste on July 19, 2005, 04:06:22 PM
A blower to be hip??   You need a big stereo, one fart can exhaust tip, neon lighting under the car, clear taillight lenses, bling bling rims, rubber band tires, hydraulic suspension, and a homemade wing on the back.

Don't forget the stickerz!!! U'll be teh roxxorz!  Mad pwnz!!11one1!

er...

Ouch.  Sorry

hotrod98

Vin Diesel said that when he drove that ricer down the quarter mile, it was the best 10 seconds of his whole life...ummmmm was that the first 10 seconds or the last 10 seconds?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Troy

Well, since someone likes to dig up dead topics I'll post here too...

I've been using the "Sarcasm Detector" line at the bottom of my emails since about 2001 but I didn't use web forums until a few years ago. I have a list of quotes that I used to rotate in my sigs until I finally got tired of changing them. It makes more sense for me this one in forums because people that I send email to generally already understand my personality... :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger_Fan

I like Hotrod's "ancient Chinese proverb" too. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T