News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

janik fiberglass nose and wing? what is it worth

Started by petercharger, June 09, 2008, 09:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercharger

Found an old fiberglass nose and wing for a daytona...what do you think it's worth..it's about 8 years old and never used. thanks peter
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

66chargerkid

petercharger

the guy who is selling the stuff said that the wing itself was going for 1700, danes wings are better but what do you think the stuff is worth with nose.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Howie

I bought my stuff from janak and started to gather for another wing car and dealing with janak doesn`t make sense. He will sell to you but puts you  on the bottom of the list if you are not buying a whole kit frome him. I sold my janak wing and bought one from Dane,. Janak does make good stuff.  If you do buy it then have the guy box it up and send it greyhound. I sent a pair of charger fenders and hood from tulsa, oklahoma to oregon and it cost me $200 for all.

Old Moparz

Janak makes a variety of nose cones that vary in price. I spoke to him a few years ago on the phone, & what he explained is that he makes a base cone from fiberglass, the next one up is made with slightly different materials & more money, & then he also makes one from a template made from your car for an exact fit which was closer to $2000. If I recall, the base cone was around $1100 or so. I think the wing is around the same, $1100, but it's been a while since I spoke to him & not 100% sure.

I'm guessing that you probably have the base cone, but who knows? As long as there is nothing wrong with the nose & wing you have, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get at least $1500 for the pair. Shipping will be expensive & something like the cone will need to be packed well. The wing will be simple to ship & not as expensive. I have a bunch of Ted's parts, including a nose & wing, & they look nice. I haven't tried the nose on the car yet, but from what I keep hearing, there shouldn't be any issues.

I almost think the parts you have are worth more than what Ted sells them for because there's no waiting for it.   :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

petercharger

thanks for the info. will take a look at the parts later this month and see if they good. thanks peter :2thumbs:

hotrod98

Ted has changed his noses up a little. He told me that he's now using aluminum inserts. Not sure where, but I'm assuming where the z-braces bolt on since that seems to be the weak point in any fiberglass nose. My Janek nose doesn't align with my fenders very well. It's an older nose. I'm going to go ahead and install it and do something else later.
Ted also told me that his son is making basic noses at a price that's comparable to some of the cheap noses being made out there. I think he told me in the $700 range. Would be fine for a racecar or something I guess. His prices have been about 10% higher than the last price sheet out there and he said that he expects the materials to go even higher now so expect another 10% increase.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Daytona2Be

I keep hearing about the "Dane" wing, but haven't been able to find any details.  I've got a 70 charger to make a clone and am gradually trying to sneak clone parts by my better half. Can anybody give me the lowdown on the wing?

hotrod98

Dane is building the hollow aluminum version which is very close to the originals. He only builds them occasionally, I think.
I want to get in on the next batch if he builds more. He goes by "Daytona Guy" here on the forum.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams