News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What a shame...eBay 69 Charger

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, June 16, 2008, 12:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mother nature is evil....look at the frame & exterior of this poor Charger....

Then look at the absoultely MINT original interior!  No cracks on the woodgrain wheel either....

Time takes its toll in strange ways....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123&viewitem=&item=220246522061#ebayphotohosting

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

HKCharger

kab69440

What's a shame? For 9k you can't go wrong on it, these days. It's a heckuva lot more than I started with. If I had the cash, I'd have hit the B.I.N. already. Granted, it needs another 5k in new metal, but so what? That's still a deal if you can firm it up and flip it to someone who can paint and enjoy it.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: kab69440 on June 16, 2008, 01:01:27 PM
What's a shame? For 9k you can't go wrong on it, these days. It's a heckuva lot more than I started with. If I had the cash, I'd have hit the B.I.N. already. Granted, it needs another 5k in new metal, but so what? That's still a deal if you can firm it up and flip it to someone who can paint and enjoy it.

I'm not so sure...I think 9k sound pretty high for todays market.  I've seen some in quite a bit better condition for less. 
I guess you have to take into account the number matching aspect of the car, but I still think it sounds high.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

HKCharger

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on June 16, 2008, 01:04:38 PM

I'm not so sure...I think 9k sound pretty high for todays market.  I've seen some in quite a bit better condition for less. 
I guess you have to take into account the number matching aspect of the car, but I still think it sounds high.
i agree, id pay 7500 max.

Charger_Fan

Poor car. :( It would probably look a little better if a previous body guy hadn't put new quarters over the top of existing quarters. :image_294343: But the frame would still be sad looking.
I hope someone buys it & does a good job on it, as opposed to a HLPAG job. :icon_smile_angry:

The rust reminds me of this car that was on eGouge a while back. This one looks like it was also rusted in this manner because of a poor patch job.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69bronzeT5

That '69 is nothing! My '69 is worse. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. But that '70.. :eek2:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TUFCAT

I agree!!!  It has some really nice parts, and overall, a very nice starting point for a project (if you can do your own metal work).  That's a very ambitious price for a non body guy like me.  This car needs more work than what most people will initially think.  I'm guessing its extra crunchy underneath the skin.  :eek2:  If I bought this car, I'd have to factor the body needing,  well...... just say EVERYTHING!

What you see from the pics is not what you're getting.  The second you hit that car with a media blaster its a 20K resto minimum - - and its not an R/T.  I like it for being a factory R6 red /big block car, and should get a big dose of love and financial support!  :2thumbs:.  It will be a very nice car when its done.  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Hmmmm ....I'm betting the farm it'll get a black rump stripe and come back to life as an R/T clone!     

PocketThunder

Those cars are everywhere here in the mid west.  Well, they used to be everywhere..  Cars with mint interiors and rust out bodies..  :rotz:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Just 6T9 CHGR

I wasn't referring to the price, I was referring to the fact that the outside rotted the way it did but the inside is pretty well preserved......usually you see overall deterioration....inside & out. :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JrJohnston

It look's to me like someone did some poor body work in the past,I have seen them rust on top of the quartes but not all the way down the top like that. :shruggy:
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim

Chris G.

Granted, it needs another 5k in new metal, but so what?

5K? More like 15K and that's being generous.

Gotta give the guy credit for posting those pics in the auction. Many guys would just post pics of the body and interior and hope people don't ask about the underside. Hlpag has made a fortune doing that.

bsakal

God I would love to have that interior, it would save me a boat load of money on mine! I notice it has the dual snorkel air cleaner, my car is a 383 VIN "H" like that one, but mine came with the 440 Magnum style air cleaner, I've heard either are correct, true?
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

TruckDriver

Looks like a typical Wisconsin project car would look like. People in this state would grab that up right away. I know I would if I had the money. :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

472 R/T SE

Quote from: bsakal on June 16, 2008, 05:19:43 PM
I notice it has the dual snorkel air cleaner, my car is a 383 VIN "H" like that one, but mine came with the 440 Magnum style air cleaner, I've heard either are correct, true?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,45015.0.html

Reply #26 & #39 touch on your air cleaner.

NHCharger

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on June 16, 2008, 05:30:22 PM
Looks like a typical Wisconsin project car would look like.

Up here that's considered a daily driver and would probably score a top ten at the local car show.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Dan T

My absolute favorite color combo. If I were to order a '69 R/T new, thats how it'd be.
Too bad about the rusty undercariage.
I'd still buy it if I was looking for one. (Not for 9K though,,)
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

kab69440

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 16, 2008, 02:54:58 PM

I wasn't referring to the price, I was referring to the fact that the outside rotted the way it did but the inside is pretty well preserved......usually you see overall deterioration....inside & out. :rotz:

Ahhhh... I get it. Still, it isn't all that bad. I'd still take it.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."