News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 Source oil pan vs. drag link clearance...help

Started by AKcharger, June 21, 2008, 01:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

I installed a new oil pan from 440 source when I rebuilt my engine to replace the original dented one, and it looks great... except now that engine is installed it's hitting the drag link...I'm furious  :flame:  Are there any trick or thinks I can try besides putting the old one back on or lowering the car with a 2x4 under the oil pan to "dent it" in for clearance?

Also my new Mancini racing radiator shroud and brackset didn't fit either  :flame:  :flame:  :flame: :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :RantExplode:

firefighter3931

Bill,

You should be able to shim up the motor mounts to gain the extra clearance.  :yesnod:  How much interferance is there ?

Sorry about the Shroud.....maybe a local rad shop or welder can fab something up for you  :scratchchin:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

AKcharger

The draglink is touching the oil pan...I can't even slide a piece of paper in between them.

Shimming? I looked at the Mototr mounts and thougt about that but did'nt see where I could change anything. Oh, motor and transmission mounts all changed within past 3 years

SeattleCharger

umm, hitting the oil pan to dent it, its a good idea in theory, except,  I installed an engine in a celica long time ago, dealer said 75 and 76 were the same, but no, oil pan was different, so I tried to dent in the oil pan to make clearance, and well, a couple wacks and I split the thing pretty easy and there went all the oil all over the garage floor,  :icon_smile_dissapprove: :lol:,  that car had a subframe at least and I could get the old oil pan back on without pulling the motor, so, I would not recommend trying to dent it in, probably won't work,  :Twocents:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

RECHRGD

Are you sure the link is installed correctly?  It's easy to put it on backwards and you will loose your pan clearance.  Just a thought.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Just 6T9 CHGR

A lot of bad stuff coming from 440 Source & China lately....my friend had a problem with their 440 mounts as well.... :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mally69

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 22, 2008, 03:35:47 PM
A lot of bad stuff coming from 440 Source & China lately....my friend had a problem with their 440 mounts as well.... :rotz:

:popcrn:

AKcharger

Oh, I dented it in with a 2x4, works great...sorry for the delay