News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vinyl Roof Color?

Started by WingCharger, June 21, 2008, 09:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

Were vinyl roofs on 1968-1970 Charger ever availabe in F5 Medium Green Irid? That is the color I want to paint my Charger, and want to know if a matching vinyl roof was ever available.

68RT4ME

I believe their was a green V-roof. It was a dark color green but not sure what they called it. I also think you can order it from Y1...
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

70charginglizard

I guess the real question here is does your car show a V1(something) in your fender plate? If so, is it a V1F? If so your car originally came with a Green vinyl top. Now according to my decoder book there were not different shade of the green vinyl tops. They were all the same colors weather your car was a light green, medium green, bright green or dark green exterior paint.
I can't find any specifics as to what exactly that shade of green was that they used for the vinyl. Everything I've found says calls it Green.
Attached is some more info for you if you'd like some more details-
70charginglizard

Spike

Here's all the color options (inside and out) for the 70 Charger.
http://1970chargerregistry.com/page6.html

69*F5*SE

Yes there was an F5 vinyl for 69. That's what my car came with originally and is double stamped F5 on my fender tag. I have a new F5 vinyl in the box. It came with my car when I bought it. It's not the dark green vinyl seen on many other cars. It's definitely medium green as is F5 medium green metallic paint. I've seen it on a couple other cars before. It may look kind of funky but original.  Hope this helps.   :scratchchin:  Of course F5 was specific to 69.

Alaskan_TA

F5 is a paint code for '69, not vinyl.

If you have two F5 codes on line 2 of the fender tag, one right after the other, you have a car with an F5 painted body with a matching F5 painted roof.

Vinyl top codes for 1969 would begin with a "V1" followed by a letter noting the color.

UFO

I believe Legendary auto int. calls it "antique green" at least for '69 anyway.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on June 21, 2008, 01:20:03 PM
Yes there was an F5 vinyl for 69. That's what my car came with originally and is double stamped F5 on my fender tag. I have a new F5 vinyl in the box. It came with my car when I bought it. It's not the dark green vinyl seen on many other cars. It's definitely medium green as is F5 medium green metallic paint. I've seen it on a couple other cars before. It may look kind of funky but original.  Hope this helps.   :scratchchin:  Of course F5 was specific to 69.

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on June 21, 2008, 09:17:35 PM
F5 is a paint code for '69, not vinyl.

If you have two F5 codes on line 2 of the fender tag, one right after the other, you have a car with an F5 painted body with a matching F5 painted roof.

Vinyl top codes for 1969 would begin with a "V1" followed by a letter noting the color.

:iagree:

And double body color stamped tags WITH a V1* vinyl roof code, were built at the St. Louis plant

St. Louis stamped both the body & roof colors regardless if you got a vinyl roof or not.  Hamtramck was just the opposite....only 1 color (exterior)was stamped if a vinyl roof was optioned....

Only one color green top for 69
http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/gallery/interioroptions

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69*F5*SE

Yes my car is a St. Louis car. I stand corrected. But I can't explain seeing a couple other 69's with the medium green vinyl.  :shruggy:

UFO

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on June 22, 2008, 11:59:09 AM
Yes my car is a St. Louis car. I stand corrected. But I can't explain seeing a couple other 69's with the medium green vinyl. :shruggy:
Easy to explain that.The early(as in repo's) green roofs were not the correct color.If you wanted a green roof it was the only option.Somewhere around '92-'93(at least that's when I bought mine) Legendary released the proper green.

69*F5*SE

Well....that certainly explains the confusion. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Legendary also had bad repros as well....my black one  from '97 doesn't have the "folds" down the windshield pillar like the new ones do :(
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 22, 2008, 03:37:39 PM
Legendary also had bad repros as well....my black one  from '97 doesn't have the "folds" down the windshield pillar like the new ones do :(

Chris,

Alot of vinyl tops dont come with those folds. A good top installer makes them during the top install.

Its very hard to get the long seams nice and straight while trying to get the fronts line up right at the same time, so they ussually just do the a- piller last, cut it , fold it glue it , done.  :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

Well then my vinyl top guy sucked! ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T