News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Busted seat bolts

Started by mauibarber, June 26, 2008, 10:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauibarber

I have a few busted seat bolts on my 69 (the bolts that hold the seat to the car floor).  Am I safe to assume the best way to remove them is by drill/dremel?  I studied them and they appear to be permantely attached to the seat rail (couldn't get them to turn either way to come out)

Thanks for the help,
Alex

Charger74

If memory severs me correctly, those just press in like a wheel stud.  They are not screwed in, so you should just be able to drill it out and put a similiar size bolt in it's place...

onebadmopar

yup i had to do same thing

1969chargerrtse

I removed mine.  I had 2 that needed to be replaced.  I whacked them with a hammer sideways several times and they came out.  They are crimped in.  I then took standard carriage bolts from Home Depot and ground them down to the same size head with a bench grinder and wire brush and sprayed them black.  They look original.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.