News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

visited the shop today...slide a links done, pics!

Started by joflaig, June 23, 2008, 06:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joflaig

My car has been in the shop 10 months, not for a full resto or anything, but many, many varied things (new drivetrain, for one, 4x discs). It doesn't help when it's winter for 6 months of the year here and you sit and read posts on this forum and get ideas! So anyway, I ended up with a rebuilt rear end, including QA1 adjustable shocks, espo +1" springs, and a pain in the butt to setup slide-a-links (also got a new tank, painted Eastman tank tone). I went with slide-a-links basically because from what I understand they are more street friendly than the Caltracs.

Also, we discovered just how bad the front frame rails were. So if you are curious, I've incuded some pics of what the Auto Rust Tech/Safety Cap sleeves look like installed. I was a bit torn about sleeving the rails, but it was that or find replacements, which would have been expensive and costly to intall (not that this was cheap!).

joflaig

more

joflaig

more

firefighter3931

Wow, nice work John....very nice indeed !  :2thumbs:

The frame caps are fine.....i wouldn't have any problem doing the same thing to correct a "soft" spot.  ;)

Lots of nice harware under the back end....slide a links and shocks should help a bunch behind the strokers BIG torque  :yesnod:

Good job on the driver side motor mount !  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

joflaig

Yeah, now I think the only weak link in the chain down the road may be the 8 3/4, but if I break it, I break it.