News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Smart Truck

Started by wingcar, August 06, 2015, 07:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar

Now this is something really neat that should save lives on the road......the only drawback I can see...if there is one, is that a driver may become too involved in watching the monitors in front of them and not pay attention to the trucks stop lights.  And if that were to become an issue, a stop light (third brake light if you will) could be incorporated into one or more of the monitors.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZetSRWchM4w?rel=0
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

JB400

myk

Agreed.  Let's hope it actually saves lives...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Mike DC

I think the biggest application for this in the USA will be, "How far ahead is the traffic backed up?"

draftingmonkey

Neat idea. Their mistake is in mounting the camera at bumper level. It should have been mounted on top of the cab.  I have less concern about the vehicle in front of the truck than the vehicle in the distance coming the opposite direction.  That is the one I want to know how far ahead it is from me and the truck in front of me.

skip68

That was my thoughts exactly.   Camera should be mounted on the top drivers side corner.    :shruggy:  kinda common sense you'd think.   That's going to give the rear passing car the best view.    :Twocents:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

myk

Maybe you could patent that idea and then give Samsung a call...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Dino

Very cool!  Finally some vehicle technology that actually matters!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

redmist

government will kill these... watch, I promise! Someone will pull up some sorta law regarding visual devices on road, or brightness output of on coming cars at night.

It will never happen.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

myk

Oh I don't see that happening here in the over-regulated states, but other countries shouldn't have any trouble with it...

John_Kunkel

Even with a clear view, some dummies will still attempt to pass when the conditions aren't favorable (misjudged distance, lack of passing power, etc.) and the lawyers will get rich.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

69rtse4spd

Someone will hack it & show the wrong movie, lets hope. :smilielol:.