News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WoW! Original 69 Charger 500 426 Hemi roadtest on U tube. Very Cool.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 30, 2008, 06:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Brock Samson

interesting how they complain about the rear seat leg room, like it's a freakin' rustang or baccaruda,..  I've never had anyone complain about a lack of rear leg room, infact, parked at the beach or drivein with the front seats all the way up and flipped forward, it makes for a pretty good little love nest...   :D
don't ya' just hate it when the fuzz put the spots on the fogged up windows?..  :flame:

69_500

Quote from: nascarxx29 on July 01, 2008, 08:50:57 PM
Is it one those Y28 coded for public relations car that magaziines got to use.Cant be alot of PW Hemi charger 500s known neat car
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41072.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,38735.0.html

Yes Dave it is one of the other Y28 sales code cars. It is a press release car as well, and was coded for the W23 recall wheels as well. As well as having the cloth insert seats, and power windows.

69_500

Okay so I've watched the video a total of 5 times now and still can't figure out what is on top of the console in the interior shot? Anyone else notice it?

Rat Exterminator

Very Cool, after about 9 years I drove my Hemi 500 for the first time 10 days ago. It sounds exactly like the video and I've got the permanent grin described. A local guy who has a chassis dyno, completed the mechanicals for me as I work a ton of hours and let everybody do what they're good at. He has the car tuned so well, you reach in, touch the key and its running, rumbling away like a wild beast. The car is so much fun to drive, 727 with 4:10 Dana and a moderate TC. at a roll of 25, nail it  and it downshifts, spins thru 1st, hits 2nd and slides sideways, shifts into 3rd about 75 and will top out at about 110 at 6000 RPMs according to the dyno. I'm putting a few miles on her before I take it to the track and run her up to top speed. When I purchased the car, 9 years ago as a basket case it had Rat Exterminator painted across the doors, (old drag car) B5 Blue, white gut, stripe delete car(V88). Looking to run in the Pure Stock Drags 30 minutes away this fall.
Car had Gean Gregory's name on the title when I transferred it but I don't know any history other than that. Anybody else? I added the white stripe and a Dana (becauseI like to drive these cars like they were built to be driven). Chuck at Best Machine built the Hemi with a new MP block, #'s block is in the garage. and I will drive it like I stole it!. Pulled up in front of a friends house with W-30 442. Nailed it at 25, but  because it was uphill, spun thru 1st, 2nd AND 3rdup to about 80, left black marks for a block. At this rate the redlines won't last long but what a rush it is to have fun like this. If I have a bad day at work, 2 minutes in the car makes it go away. Enough rambling, cool video.   Greg

Brock Samson

Quote from: 69_500 on July 01, 2008, 09:15:55 PM
Okay so I've watched the video a total of 5 times now and still can't figure out what is on top of the console in the interior shot? Anyone else notice it?

i did too... but i dunno..  :shruggy:

Ghoste

Quote from: Rat Exterminator on July 01, 2008, 09:27:05 PM
Very Cool, after about 9 years I drove my Hemi 500 for the first time 10 days ago.
When I purchased the car, 9 years ago as a basket case it had Rat Exterminator painted across the doors, (old drag car) B5 Blue, white gut, stripe delete car(V88). Looking to run in the Pure Stock Drags 30 minutes away this fall.
If I have a bad day at work, 2 minutes in the car makes it go away. Enough rambling, cool video.   Greg

It's not really enough rambling at all Greg.  We need pictures old and new.

nascarxx29

Welcome to this board rat exterminator that user name is familar to me.Didnt you have the blue 500 .Former Steve Fox car.Danny whats the black stick on circle on the speedometer

UFO

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 01, 2008, 10:26:58 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on July 01, 2008, 09:15:55 PM

i did too... but i dunno.. :shruggy:

I was thinking it's a cigarette pack.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 01, 2008, 08:59:06 PM
interesting how they complain about the rear seat leg room, like it's a freakin' rustang or baccaruda,..  I've never had anyone complain about a lack of rear leg room, infact, parked at the beach or drivein with the front seats all the way up and flipped forward, it makes for a pretty good little love nest...   :D
don't ya' just hate it when the fuzz put the spots on the fogged up windows?..  :flame:

:hah:   :smilielol:   :smilielol:  Like you even knew what movie you were at anyways.   :coolgleamA:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Brock Samson

i actually do remember a couple,..
iron eagle and the untouchables and,.. and,.. err,...  :shruggy:
Man! has it been that loong?..  :eek2:

tan top

Quote from: Ghoste on July 02, 2008, 03:54:33 AM
Quote from: Rat Exterminator on July 01, 2008, 09:27:05 PM
Very Cool, after about 9 years I drove my Hemi 500 for the first time 10 days ago.
When I purchased the car, 9 years ago as a basket case it had Rat Exterminator painted across the doors, (old drag car) B5 Blue, white gut, stripe delete car(V88). Looking to run in the Pure Stock Drags 30 minutes away this fall.
If I have a bad day at work, 2 minutes in the car makes it go away. Enough rambling, cool video.   Greg

It's not really enough rambling at all Greg.  We need pictures old and new.

:iagree: :yesnod:  .............  need pictures  Greg :popcrn:  .............. :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on July 01, 2008, 07:03:26 PM
He wants a 4 speed HEMI Charger, and I don't have one to swap him.

I got a Hemi Charger..................  :)
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nascarxx29

This the same car were talking about

Hey guys, wondered if anyone knew anything about my 500, 426 auto, b5 with white stripe and white interior. I bought it about 4-5 years ago from Steve Fox in Kentucky. as a basket case needing resto. Car had Rat Exterminator in script across the doors, old drag car? anybody know anything about this car or its history?

69_500

Okay, after a little tweaking of the video in final cut pro the item on top of the console is indeed a pack of smokes. Can't make out the brand though.

As far as what is on the speedo lens, can't make that one out. Looks like a round felt sticker, but it is definitely centered in the lens though.

Anyone else notice that the car doesn't have any jack instructions on the underside of the deck lid? And the dent in the drivers side quarter panel, just above the wheel? That dent is still there today. The negative battery cable, doesn't appear to have any part of it that wasn't painted either. And I know Gene will get this one, but its a hex head screw on the bracket that holds the heater hoses too, not a pan head phillips screw as seen on Jim's Unrestored Daytona.

1969chargerrtse

That's amazing that you know the car Dan!  WOW!  I noticed also they have the air vent pulled, do to all the heat in the interior.  You can full screen it also and get a great view of things.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69_500

In all honesty the car hasn't changed much since the taping of that video. According to one magazine I have where they were test driving the same car, they said they put 5,000 miles on the car during their various tests. The car has under 20,000 on it total, and has been parked since before I was born. The car is missing the stripe now though, I do know that much.

pettybird

tan top

Quote from: 69_500 on July 02, 2008, 08:27:37 PM
In all honesty the car hasn't changed much since the taping of that video. According to one magazine I have where they were test driving the same car, they said they put 5,000 miles on the car during their various tests. The car has under 20,000 on it total, and has been parked since before I was born. The car is missing the stripe now though, I do know that much.

thats intrersting  stuff would love to see pictures of it  :drool5: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Rat Exterminator

Quote from: nascarxx29 on July 02, 2008, 03:36:08 PM
This the same car were talking about

Hey guys, wondered if anyone knew anything about my 500, 426 auto, b5 with white stripe and white interior. I bought it about 4-5 years ago from Steve Fox in Kentucky. as a basket case needing resto. Car had Rat Exterminator in script across the doors, old drag car? anybody know anything about this car or its history?

Yes, same car I asked about a couple years ago. I'm computer stupid but willl try to get some pics posted. Greg

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69_500 on July 02, 2008, 08:27:37 PM
SSooooooooooo  repainted?  Where'd the stripe go?  I gotta tell ya, to me what a waste of a nice car to be sitting somewhere hidden.  I just took my car out to grab some milk for the kids.  Nothing better than to see one of these babies rolling down the road.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69_500

Nope not repainted yet. It will be whenever the current owner gets around to finally doing a restoration on the car. He has been telling me since I was 5 years old that he was going to restore the car some day. That some day has yet to come. Doubt it will before I'm 50 either. But rest assured its not going anywhere though.

1969chargerrtse

So check this out.  I was at a book store today and there is a Mopar mag on the shelf right now that has a great article on a 69 Hemi Charger 500 in red. It's a 4 speed car and it's # 407 or 8 or 9 and I think he has 2 in his hobby and is collecting them in the proper vin order.  Thing is he mentions his car is 1 of 2 Hemi 500's that are that red and the other is an automatic, that being this car.  Go get the mag before it's gone.

So Dan, tell us more?  How do you know the guy, how many times have you seen the car, was it a big deal to you even as a kid?  And, where'd the stripe go, they peeled it off?   Etc.....

69_500

The car in the magazine your talking about is owned by a board member. XXHEMI is the one who has the R6 red HEMI 500 in the article, and it is supposed to be at Carlisle for me to  :drool5: over.

I have known the guy who has the HEMI 500 road test car all of my life. He used to always hang out with my dad when I was younger. He has one heck of a collection of cars. Every time I go visit him I'm more and more shocked at cars that he has, that I've never seen and I've known him for 30 years. He  just doesn't get his stuff out, other than a few cars that he drives a lot. The stripe was off of the car when he bought it in the early 70's, and it actually has 1970 door panels on the front as well. Other than that, nothing much has changed in the past 40 years.