News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Headlight Buckets Needed

Started by CornDogsCharger, November 19, 2008, 10:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CornDogsCharger

I need a pair of headlight buckets for a Superbird.  Can someone give me some contact information (email, web address, phone #) to someone that makes a very accurate steel headlight bucket.  I do not need the headlight door... just the buckets that mount to the nose.  We will also consider a nice original set of buckets.  The ones we have a pretty rusty and bent up.

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

moparstuart

erik nelson in minnesota makes a nice set of them   call him @ 612-382-4723 or email erik.nelson@zerox.com
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nascarxx29

I think hes in Kentucky I had got headlight buckets somewhile back from him
headlight buckets, steel repro, $325 + ship. Ron Knifley, 250 Parkwood Dr,Campbellsville, KY 42718. 270/465-2465
erik info ericjohnnelson@hotmail.com or erik.nelson@zerox.com 612-382-4723
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

CornDogsCharger

This morning we ordered a bunch of goodies from Erik.  I am pretty excited to see everything when it somes in.  I have heard a few good things about his work.  He said it will be about a month.  I will be sure to post photos when the items arrive.  Thanks for your help

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

moparstuart

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: CornDogsCharger on November 21, 2008, 09:55:41 PM
  He said it will be about a month.

:haha:  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

My buckets took five months to get from Erik :eek2:

I hope you have better luck than I did.

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 21, 2008, 11:41:56 PM

it only took me a month to get my a-pillar chrome moldings and latch tray from him ?  :shruggy:

CornDogsCharger

Oh boy, I hope it doesn't take 5 months.  He said he had a set of buckets almost finished.  At this time I don't know what the owner wants to do with the leftover parts.  I can promise you that they will not hit the trash.  :2thumbs:

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Howie

I ordered mine from Ron in Kentucky and they are a very n8ice piece. I am going to build my own headlight pivot brackets from my 3d parts I got from texas a wile back. That way the only fiberglass I have will be the doors and scoops.
                                                                                                                                           Howie

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on November 22, 2008, 08:18:48 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 21, 2008, 11:41:56 PM

it only took me a month to get my a-pillar chrome moldings and latch tray from him ?  :shruggy:

Stuart-I went back and checked my old e-mails to and from E.N. It took five months almost to the day.   :shruggy:  

I guess Erik likes you better than me ;) :icon_smile_big: :angel:

The latchtray I ordered at the same time took a month or so more before it arrived. :shruggy:

The buckets were bent in shipping.  ::)

Crappy old computer boxes and folded up cardboard used for packing transfers all external forces directly to the hollow thin gauge sheet metal object contained therein.  :eek2:

None of the bucket's mounting holes line up and the driver's side bucket is approximately 1/2 inch too long. :shruggy:

I don't know if this is the fault of E.N's buckets or my Ted Janak nosecone.  :shruggy:

The headlight adjuster stops are in the wrong place,too.  :brickwall:

I Should only have about 8-10 hours of repairs and modifications in each bucket before I'm done.  :eyes:

I am the slowest Daytona cloner known to man, so somebody who knows what they're doing can probably make these buckets work in half the time. ;)

Now, Does anybody want to ask me about my E.N. latchtray? :whistling:

moparstuart

I have not fitted mine yet   oh boy ?
My daytona valance looks really good .It was made by erik but i bought it from a buddy 2nd hand ?   I'm no body man so i guess I will have to pay big bucks to have someone else make mine work

I know member here FJMG has had good luck with his stuff on his canadian real daytona

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on November 22, 2008, 09:51:33 AM
My daytona valance looks really good .It was made by erik but i bought it from a buddy 2nd hand ?   I'm no body man so i guess I will have to pay big bucks to have someone else make mine work

I know member here FJMG has had good luck with his stuff on his canadian real daytona

I wish you luck, Stuart. and Corndog.

Most of my bucket problems may be the fault of my fiberglass T.J. Nosecone. I don't know. I'm not trying to bash E.N. Just passing on what my experiences were with his parts.

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 22, 2008, 10:03:01 AM

Most of my bucket problems may be the fault of my fiberglass T.J. Nosecone. I don't know. I'm not trying to bash E.N. Just passing on what my experiences were with his parts.
do you know anything about the ron guys and rick that sells them's  in southern ill and kentucky ?  I looked them over hard at monster mopar, I have not bought buckets of pivets yet.

for that matter i done even have a nose yet ( long term project )LOL

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on November 22, 2008, 10:09:13 AM

do you know anything about the ron guys and rick that sells them's  in southern ill and kentucky ?  I looked them over hard at monster mopar, I have not bought buckets of pivets yet.

I don't know anything about Ron's stuff. But I spent alot of time looking over Rick's parts at M.M.

Rick's parts look really good. But it's hard to tell for sure until you actually go to install them. I wish I'd known about him earlier.

Daytona R/T SE

Here's a couple of pics of my buckets I got from Erik Nelson. These pics were taken after I had straightened out the bends induced in shipping.

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 22, 2008, 10:19:43 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on November 22, 2008, 10:09:13 AM

I don't know anything about Ron's stuff. But I spent alot of time looking over Rick's parts at M.M.

Rick's parts look really good. But it's hard to tell for sure until you actually go to install them. I wish I'd known about him earlier.
I cant be positive but i think rick gets his from ron and ron if the makes . Just a rumor i heard !!   Ron is in paduka , rick metropolis across the river from each other ?

Redbird

The pictures of the repo headlight buckets leave quite a visual difference from a number of originals I have. It would be nice somehow if someone were able to get all the repo suppliers to submit their pieces to one place where folks could see the parts side by side with original pieces to compare visually and measurement wise. I'm afraid if someone like Doug wrote up an opinion that one supplier was better than others a lawyer would soon call. It does seem that some parts are much better than others, though. The original factory parts had some variation in size. An observation I have is that saying someones reproduction part does not fit in another suppliers reproduction part doesn't mean either reproduction part is right or wrong. To me the test is how they each match with original parts.

nascarxx29

Back when I got buckets from Ron they came painted black
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Howie

Ron builds the headlight buckets and Z brackets. Rick buys up rons parts and builds his own headlight pivots and assembles it all. I cannot afford Ricks headlight pivots as they are around 600.

hotrod98

The buckets that I bought from Ron look perfect. I'm very happy with them.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: Howie on November 22, 2008, 05:17:55 PM
Ron builds the headlight buckets and Z brackets. Rick buys up rons parts and builds his own headlight pivots and assembles it all. I cannot afford Ricks headlight pivots as they are around 600.
i been trying to buy a piece here and a peice there so it's not one bigg expence all at once.

Then larry gets to sort out the whole mess LOL  :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Howie

How can you say that larry hasn`t even finished his daytona yet. :popcrn:. Although he has been busier than a bee lately. :icon_smile_big:.