News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona #1 for sale?

Started by Charger_Fan, July 10, 2008, 12:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Really cheap, too! :icon_smile_tongue:  I wonder if this is really Daytone #1, or if it's merely the lowest VIN recorded. :scratchchin:
--->eGouge linky<---

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

moparstuart

nice car     only a couple hours away from me

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

i was looking at that earlier today . nice car but that sure is a lot of money that he wants  for it .  he sure is in a rush to sell it. the cars not even finished yet .  :shruggy:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 10, 2008, 12:34:05 PM
i was looking at that earlier today . nice car but that sure is a lot of money that he wants  for it .  he sure is in a rush to sell it. the cars not even finished yet .  :shruggy:
plus a warranty block car , alot of cash for not number matching !  love the color !

richRTSE

QuoteCorrect warranty motor.  #s block was not with car.

That's a very nice car, I'd love to have it, but a bit too much I think...you could buy quite a few really nice Mopars for that much cash...

hemi68charger

Maybe he wants a '68 Hemi Charger R/T..............  possibly, the only LL1 with white interior........  :icon_smile_big:

Soo, this one's the 1st slated TO BE a Daytona and the other R4 on ebay now is the first shipped?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

pettybird

i'm thinking $575k would pry the hemi car at work out of my boss's hands...

tan top

nice  :drool5: .......................
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on July 10, 2008, 01:20:50 PM
when you say real hemi car it's a whole new ball game price wise !

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on July 10, 2008, 02:11:38 PM

Then maybe, just maybe that'll help me.......  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on July 10, 2008, 02:34:14 PM

except in your case it aint worth nothin just give it to me       :smilielol: :lol: I'll finish it up for you

nascarxx29

First daytona on the shiplist.Shows a Canadian car currently on ebay .The other first daytona is the first US daytona on shiplist.Another first daytona which precedes these is Dale Reekers XX29L9B287970.This 355101 next vin shows a Killeen TX car #264 427 926020
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

WingCharger

Wait a minute!!! I thought the right screw on the fender tag is supposed to be unpainted? Because as it came down the line, it was held by the left, then bent up to be painted under, and then attached with the right unpainted screw, right?

69_500

Just to clarify here, but the 355101 car is a car that is known pretty well by my family. It is the B5 blue, blue interior Daytona that my dad used to own from 1979 until 1985. The car was for sale on ebay about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago for $75,000 at the time. I tried my hardest to come up with the money to get the car back but anyway I could figure it I was short. The car had been exported to Germany at one point, and then brought back into the US before 1979. My dad bought the car out of Louisiana, and at that time it was painted gun metal grey with a red stripe running the length of the car, and going up and over the wing.

nascarxx29

. Same car as above in its earlier days
{it was painted gun metal grey with a red stripe running the length of the car, and going up and over the wing.}
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

HKCharger

its cool hearing about its past, wish i could do that with the women i meet

pettybird

Quote from: WingCharger on July 10, 2008, 03:57:06 PM
Wait a minute!!! I thought the right screw on the fender tag is supposed to be unpainted? Because as it came down the line, it was held by the left, then bent up to be painted under, and then attached with the right unpainted screw, right?

you're right, and you can even see where the tag is bent on the left.

you'll find that mistake on a LOT of restored cars.

Hemi_tyme

Nice car... But changed the color of the interior and has a warranty block and wants anywhere near that kind of money! I'm glad I only play with the red headed child Superbirds :2thumbs: lol Ken

Aero426

Why would you change the interior color from blue to white? 

konigcharger

Quote from: DougSchellinger on July 10, 2008, 10:52:43 PM

i would too... blue interior---->  :eek2:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

HKCharger

Quote from: konigcharger on July 10, 2008, 11:13:46 PM

i would too... blue interior---->  :eek2:

x2

moparstuart

I'm with you keep it blue !

Mopurr

Only someone that does not have a clue about the rarity of the blue on blue would change an interior because it goes better with the wing. :slap:

Of course the price also tells what this person knows. :lol:

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on July 10, 2008, 02:50:24 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on July 10, 2008, 02:34:14 PM

except in your case it aint worth nothin just give it to me       :smilielol: :lol: I'll finish it up for you

Stuart, since you weren't there at the house to help with the dipstick tube, can't do that option...............   :icon_smile_big:
Troy

gordo1968charger

for that money i d want to be able to drive it away,
its not even finished
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

bzabodyn

I'm sure some deep-pocket wing car collector out there is going to throw a big number at this guy and he's going to take it - he's just fishing around if you ask me...

However, for the high-$$ collectors out there, they may never have another chance to own the first Daytona off the assembly line...

(and I would have kept the interior B5  :icon_smile_big:)

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

69_500

If you want to get all technical about it though its not the first Daytona off the line. There is a Daytona with a lower VIN. And just because it has the lowest VIN doesn't mean it was the first one that they converted at Creative Industries. Just my .02 on the whole thing.

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on July 14, 2008, 04:19:00 PM
If you want to get all technical about it though its not the first Daytona off the line. There is a Daytona with a lower VIN. And just because it has the lowest VIN doesn't mean it was the first one that they converted at Creative Industries. Just my .02 on the whole thing.

:iagree:

287970 still exists, and might be going in for a restoration soon.  It has what can best be explained as some prototype features found on no other Daytona - and was almost certainly used by Creative to mock up the nosecone.  Out of any of 'em, 287970 can legitimately lay claim as both the first, and the lowest VIN Daytona.  There is some pretty convincing photographic evidence of that too, BTW. 

I'm not sure what the seller is up to with that eBay ad.  In today's market, asking $575k on a Daytona is ridiculous for anything but a (completed?) Hemicar.  As the saying goes, you can always go down on the price...  WAY down...

69_500

I would have to say that the seller would have to come down to around 30% of the asking price to even have someone be realistic about buying it. Especially when we know what the asking price was for the car not too long ago, and there isn't that much that has changed since then. Other than slapping in some white interior.

If they did anything, they had better have not changed out the front windshield on the car. That was probably one of the coolest things on the car.

nakita7

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on July 14, 2008, 07:18:08 PM
I would have to say that the seller would have to come down to around 30% of the asking price to even have someone be realistic about buying it. Especially when we know what the asking price was for the car not too long ago, and there isn't that much that has changed since then. Other than slapping in some white interior.

If they did anything, they had better have not changed out the front windshield on the car. That was probably one of the coolest things on the car.
what was so special about the windshield  ????   

Charger_Fan

Quote from: moparstuart on July 15, 2008, 09:41:40 AM
Quote from: 69_500 on July 14, 2008, 07:18:08 PM

what was so special about the windshield  ????   
:iagree: :popcrn:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

Oh nothing important to the car really. Just something that I found neat.

It was a sticker from 1970 approving the car to be driven on the Autobahn in Germany. Since the car was exported to Germany very early on, and then brought back to the states in the late 70's.

moparstuart

that would be a very neat hiistorical piece to keep with the car !

69_500

I just remember staring at the backside of the sticker a lot when I was younger. It was on the front windshield, pretty well centered. Like in the same spot where the rear view mirror hangs down in front of.