News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Officially started the paint process on my clone.

Started by hotrod98, July 15, 2008, 11:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

Since I couldn't do anything with the clone, I decided to get my cuda out last night and my wife and I went for a drive. I hate to admit that I don't do that as often as I should. The main problem is that I live in a small town and most of my friends live north of here in another city. There just aren't too many places to go with the car around here. There are probably less than five people in this town that own musclecars and I built about half of them. You can't talk the guys into getting them out and driving them because they're worried that they'll get a scratch or a rock chip in the paint. That's been the problem with building show cars. I'm not sure what's wrong with the car owners in this part of the state. They complain about not having good places to cruise and hangout, but when I try to organize cruise-ins, they're always too busy to attend.
As soon as it cools down this evening, we plan to get my wife's cuda out and take it out for a drive. We'll probably take the runner out tomorrow night. I have to install new tranny lines on the runner first. I want to make sure that all three cars are ready for the drive to Branson next week.
Are you sure you don't want to come down at least for one night. The cruising is best on Friday night. Saturday's midnight cruise is more like a parade and is downright boring. The room's only $50 a night. Best deal in town.  :yesnod:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 29, 2008, 12:18:35 PM
Since I couldn't do anything with the clone, I decided to get my cuda out last night and my wife and I went for a drive. I hate to admit that I don't do that as often as I should. The main problem is that I live in a small town and most of my friends live north of here in another city. There just aren't too many places to go with the car around here. There are probably less than five people in this town that own musclecars and I built about half of them. You can't talk the guys into getting them out and driving them because they're worried that they'll get a scratch or a rock chip in the paint. That's been the problem with building show cars. I'm not sure what's wrong with the car owners in this part of the state. They complain about not having good places to cruise and hangout, but when I try to organize cruise-ins, they're always too busy to attend.
As soon as it cools down this evening, we plan to get my wife's cuda out and take it out for a drive. We'll probably take the runner out tomorrow night. I have to install new tranny lines on the runner first. I want to make sure that all three cars are ready for the drive to Branson next week.
Are you sure you don't want to come down at least for one night. The cruising is best on Friday night. Saturday's midnight cruise is more like a parade and is downright boring. The room's only $50 a night. Best deal in town.  :yesnod:
send me the link again ,  can i bring the little shelby charger gas save ?  :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Charles Addams

moparstuart

ok i will ask the wife and think on it some more

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

moparstuart

hotrod98

The green cuda is all cleaned up, oil changed, wipers working (looks like some rain this weekend) and we're ready to head to Branson. I'll be glad to get away from this heat. It's supposed to be in the mid to low 80's all weekend. That's going to feel like fall weather to me at this point. Gonna miss seeing you guys there.

Everyone's been coming by the shop lately to check on the daytona clone progress. Everyone so far has voted to stay with the red. These guys live around here and know what driving a black car in summer is like around here.  :icon_smile_cool:

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 05, 2008, 03:52:38 PM
The green cuda is all cleaned up, oil changed, wipers working (looks like some rain this weekend) and we're ready to head to Branson. I'll be glad to get away from this heat. It's supposed to be in the mid to low 80's all weekend. That's going to feel like fall weather to me at this point. Gonna miss seeing you guys there.

Everyone's been coming by the shop lately to check on the daytona clone progress. Everyone so far has voted to stay with the red. These guys live around here and know what driving a black car in summer is like around here.  :icon_smile_cool:

it's just paint if someone else wants it black down the road they car change it back  :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents:

BigBlockSam

paint the front half red and the back half black. then you can shut one eye when you look at it. one day it could be black . on another day it could be red .  :D
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Charles Addams

moparstuart

PocketThunder

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 05, 2008, 08:33:30 PM
How about left half and right half?

I lost a hubcap on my 86 K car once and so i found a pair of other ones off something else and put the two that matched on the same side.  They didnt match the other side of the car though.  My friends all gave me crap for it but i would look at the one side of the car and say "see, they match" then walk around to the other side and say "see, they match"  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 06, 2008, 12:34:19 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on August 05, 2008, 08:33:30 PM
How about left half and right half?

I lost a hubcap on my 86 K car once and so i found a pair of other ones off something else and put the two that matched on the same side.  They didnt match the other side of the car though.  My friends all gave me crap for it but i would look at the one side of the car and say "see, they match" then walk around to the other side and say "see, they match"  :icon_smile_big:
make sense to me you cant look at both sides of the car at the same time .  I do it on used cars all the time   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

BigBlockSam

hey, you done yet, if i had spray booth  i'd be done  by now.    :yesnod: :cheers:

hotrod98

If I had a spray booth with air conditioning I would be done now too.
Besides, I've been busy getting the cuda cleaned up to go to Branson.  :yesnod:

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

my daytona nose is on, looks like shit and everything is outta wack  but is on . now for the fine tuning.   :boogie:

Howie

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 07, 2008, 12:26:32 AM
my daytona nose is on, looks like shit and everything is outta wack  but is on . now for the fine tuning.   :boogie:
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:      picture pictures pictures !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigBlockSam

here's a picture    :D

+

moparstuart

BigBlockSam

Brock Samson

takes all the fun outta' playing "what's Under the Car Cover?"..  :-\

hotrod98

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 13, 2008, 07:27:20 PM
Hey you done yet . :scratchchin:

I haven't recovered from the Branson Super Summer Cruise yet. And, today I drove about 300 miles round trip to deliver a rust free 74 Charger up to Howie. I traded him the charger and got my old barracuda back.
May get to work on the clone tomorrow.
I turned the color choice over to my wife this weekend. I just couldn't decide. Guess what color scheme she chose?  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 13, 2008, 09:52:55 PM

I haven't recovered from the Branson Super Summer Cruise yet. And, today I drove about 300 miles round trip to deliver a rust free 74 Charger up to Howie. I traded him the charger and got my old barracuda back.
I turned the color choice over to my wife this weekend. I just couldn't decide. Guess what color scheme she chose?  :icon_smile_big:
red , good deal you are too wishy washy LOL

Get to work on the tona stop playing cars with howie , I wanna see you in a wing car at st louis     :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

PocketThunder

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 13, 2008, 09:52:55 PM

General Lee?  :popcrn:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."