News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

Love the color :cheers:

*I spy a cuda by the barn :popcrn:*
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Steve P.

Doing a great job. I am jealous.  :2thumbs:  I can't seem to find time to work on my car these days.. Too many other bigger jobs..  Yeah, the house...   Gotta have a comfortable place to live...

Keep those rest. pics. coming...  Reallllly looks great...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

FLG

Coming along quite nice. If you go with that torque monster stroker you might want to consider installing subframe connectors before you finish up the car. Will stop alot of body flex and from what ive heard will also make the car feel alot nicer on the road.

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks guys for the encouraging words  :2thumbs: Always nice with some motivationhelp in a long project like this. Soon it's also time to open to box I ordered from Eastwood
with a buffingkit for all the moldings I bought from Travis!!!! That's also something I never did before, hopefully the CD coming with it will be a starthelp.

Concerning the Cuda I sold it to my "old country" Sweden, you can't keep them all.

Subframeconnectors seems like something interesting, my Chally always had problems with cracks in the paint from twisting.

//Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

CHRGR SE

Under construction 1973 Charger SE/RT resto-mod.

Belgium R/T -68

While getting the outside ready I discovered one of the reasons to why the front floorpans were so bad. I guess I can expect similar problems at the rear window.
There were a lot of tinlayers that has to go before fresh metal can be attached.
Meanwhile all parts for the underside is at the shop for powdercoating and should be ready any time now, will come back with some pics then.

Belgium R/T -68

Some moore

Belgium R/T -68

Another one

Belgium R/T -68

As I thought the rearwindow was even worse, I still hope we can get paint on it at the end of the year.

69*F5*SE

Very common areas for rust on Chargers.   :rotz:   At least your front end is nice and clean.   :yesnod:

The70RT

After cutting out an inch or so around each hole you may end replacing the whole upper channel like i did. Yours does look better than mine, hopefully you can refrain from doing that.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Belgium R/T -68

I would very much apreciate if somebody have a picture of a naked sailpanel were the holes are for the charger emblem and the
distance to the holes for the vinyltopmolding, I suspect my emblems were set to high.

Got the pics in another thread.  :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

All the weldingwork is now done around the windows and doors. Simple rustprotection is sprayed since the car is standing outside
under a tent! It's getting cold over here now so the sooner it can go to the paintbox the better. My biggest fear now is what we will find under the paint on the quarters, beeing the only untouch area.

Belgium R/T -68

Some moore!

timmy

Belgium R/T -68

Getting closer to paint :icon_smile_big: Windshieldframes and trunk was heavy areas and are now as good as new. Still to do is passengerside
rear quarter, still keeping the timeplan for paintning before christmas.
Big setback is that we found out we have have to leave the house we are renting, the daughter of the owners want's to moove in there.
Just finnished building my big garage and stableboxes for the horses, feels really s**t when I looked so forward starting putting the charger together. :'(

CB

sorry to hear about the house Per....
looks like your Charger is coming along pretty good :2thumbs:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

tan top

making some good progress ,  nice work  :2thumbs: ............ :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Belgium R/T -68

Primer will be sprayed 3 times, still on track to paint within 2 weeks. Have ordered subframeconnectors to be assembled when I get my
Charger back after all this time. 400 hours has been used for the body/paintwork, I'm lucky I only pay 17$ an hour.

moparstuart

wow great labor rate  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   hope you get it back soon
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

Is the daughter really good looking?  Maybe she can just move in with you?..  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Looking good.. Look forward in seeing the complete car painted................

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 03, 2008, 09:52:49 AM
Is the daughter really good looking?  Maybe she can just move in with you?..  :icon_smile_big:

My first thought aswell but my wife didn't like idéa, don't understand why?  :scratchchin: She looks like the horny russian tennisplayer Kornikova. :icon_smile_tongue:

Belgium R/T -68

Still on track for painting next week. :2thumbs: