News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

glass etching gone bad?

Started by Tigger, July 18, 2008, 10:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigger

Got a question, buddy of mine has a 69 roadrunner that needs a rear glass, he's taking picuters of all the other glass to send to ECS for date coding i guess, and noticed some of the windows have the ecthing backwards(if your looking into the car). He even has a piece that has the ectching on the outside of the glass. I checked my 69 charger and all except 1 vent glass is backwards? Is this normal, whats going on? :shruggy:

JimShine

I know that every Charger back window I have seen is backwards.

BROCK

It's normal.  I can't imagine why though

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

jeryst

Probably had something to do with the positioning of the glass on the assembly line.

69_500

The etching on the rear windows of all the Daytona's and 500's aren't backwards.

Tigger

So i take it chrysler had multiple venders at the same time for glass? So would it be safe to say that any car that has the etching all the same is wrong? In other words all cars should have at least 1 piece of glass with the etching backwards? :scratchchin:

69_500

Are you talking about all the windows, or just the side glass?

JimShine

On standard 2nd generation Chargers, the only piece of glass I am aware of that is etched backwards is the back window. Not the quarter glass, I mean the very rear window.

Tigger

I'm talkin about all the glass, front, side, back. My car has backwards etching on the side glass as well as a friends 2 69 road runners.

BROCK

Quote from: Tigger on July 25, 2008, 10:20:06 PM
I'm talkin about all the glass, front, side, back. My car has backwards etching on the side glass as well as a friends 2 69 road runners.

This is common & there is no standard "this & that are backward"  The datecode would be the only concern - if you're into that
sort of thing.  I am on 1 of my cars; but the rest don't matter to me.

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world