News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

74 Hood latch

Started by E5 Charger, July 10, 2008, 10:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E5 Charger

I would like to switch my manual hood release to an interior hood release. I have a couple that I bought from a wrecker about 15 years ago, but don't remember what they were off of. I know, I should have marked them. Can someone please take a photo of an original latch from a 74 Charger? Thanks.

71_Charger_R/T

I can get you a picture of a '71 mechanism.... should be the same I think?

E5 Charger

That would be great! Could you also show where the cable runs? Thanks!

Polygon

Let me throw out a thought.
Years ago, I wanted an inside hood release, for my 73 Challenger.

At the local U-PULL-IT, I saw a Dart, with the inside release and it fit perfect. Holes lined right up.
www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

E5 Charger

That's how I got both of mine. I went to an all you can carry for $40. I filled a duffle bag with parts and could hardly carry it. I wish I would have gone to more of those, but we are talking 10 - 15 years ago. None of the U-PULL-ITs have any cars that old. Both of the latches I have line up with the holes, I just want to use the one that looks most correct. Someone must have an original on their car.