News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone see the new Ford Flex

Started by 68charger383, July 16, 2008, 12:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger383

Saw one for the first time tonight at Costco. Looked kinda like the Scion XB and the Griswald's stationwagon had a kid.

Poor Ford, talk about bad timing for this ugly stationwagon with $4+ gal. for gas.  :slap:

Even Dodge axed the Magnum from their lineup and that looked pretty cool.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/flex/gallery/
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

bull

Looks like another Scion wannabe. Why anyone would want to copy Scion though is beyond me.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bordin34

I think they had it at the NY Auto Show and man that thing was ugly

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Brock Samson

Originally it was to be called the Ford "Fairlane" but that idea didn't go over too well so it was changed. The press rode roughshod over the design when it was introduced early '05, & the name was the least of their reservations..
It's supposed to be an "upscale" Van to replace the windstar but i don't think it really works in that capacity.  :shruggy:
If you think about it alot of cars names leave something to be desired the (neo charger not withstanding...  :nana: )
the Ford Taurus was the 500 last year... which the Flex is biased on,..  and several other nameplates have been swapped around - especially in the FoMoCo ranks.
A good way to loose whatever customer loyalty may have remained if you ask me.  :Twocents:
As to the "Flex" design,  designer J. Mays was also responsible for the last T-bird.and  it does indeed look awfully square like the Mini - another of May's designs, which was at it's critically acclaimed height at it's  introduction at the time the Flex was introduced as a concept in NYC early '05,  but the best design bits which was it's interior was left on the beancounter's cost-cutting room floor. I suspect the Edge will far outsell it being a much more pleasing design. despite being a small SUV, cause folks far prefer SUVs to Soccermommobiles...  :yesnod:
But it may all be a moot point since all the larger thirstier vehicles sales are down by double digits - including minivan sales...

I'll look for a link...

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/2007_new_york/0703_2008_ford_flex/index.html

here's the supposedly upcoming Lincoln version which in concept form is conciderably more err, um,.. "interesting"..
but it remains to be seen if Lincoln/Mercury will even be existant at it's supposed 2010 introduction date...

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/2008_Detroit/0801_2008_lincoln_mkt_concept/index.html

i kinda' expect this is what a bunch of Predator types would arrive for a round of golf in...

Forza

Quote from: bordin34 on July 16, 2008, 03:19:22 PM

I'll test drive the one on the left though  :2thumbs:

sick dawg

Quote from: Forza on July 16, 2008, 05:33:03 PM

I'll test drive the one on the left though  :2thumbs:

Oh Ya!!! The one on the left is the only one worth test driving on looks! :icon_smile_big:

Mike DC

The whole thing is just more confirmation for my long-held suspicion about modern cars:  Fugly is the new black.

kidsixpack

I didn'tlike the loosk of it, but I drove one and it kind of grew on me!  I doesn't feel as big as it is.  The Edge was way more bulky to drive.  I don't want anything that large though.
KID
69 1/2 Super Bee V2 buckets console 4spd with radio delete.
1987 Grand National Low miles original
1989 TTA Low miles light mods
95 Lightning Light mods
95 Bronco Sport low miles Lifted light mods

Lowprofile

I kind of like it. Looks kinda like a Range-Rover stationwagon.  :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

bull

Neither one of these two people look very excited about the cars they are peddling. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: The guy at the bottom actually loks as if he's about ready to cry. :'(

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 16, 2008, 03:41:00 PM

hemi68charger

Saw one yesterday on HWY 290 and asked my wife, "What the heck is that?, Must be a flex-fuel new Ford, it has a blue oval on it".. 
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Old Moparz

Quote from: Lowprofile on July 20, 2008, 10:55:17 PM
I kind of like it. Looks kinda like a Range-Rover stationwagon.  :D

I'm with you on this one, I like it too. I just saw one on the road over the weekend for the first time other than pictures. It was red with a white roof, & what got my attention was that it's a pretty long vehicle.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Dave22443

When are American car companies going to wake up and realize that Americans dont give a rats ass about European designs. 

Here are the differences (in order of importance).  Notice that the two lists are completely different  :eyes:

Top 3 European buyers requirements:
1) Good gas milage
2) Small size to fit small streets
3) Inexpensive

Top 3 American buyers requirements:
1) Good Looks
2) Functionality and Performance
3) Comfort and Amenities

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

jeryst

Be like driving a big brick. No style whatsoever.

rt green

jeez, is that the truck or the box it comes in??
third string oil changer

Old Moparz

Quote from: Dave22443 on July 22, 2008, 12:09:07 PM
When are American car companies going to wake up and realize that Americans dont give a rats ass about European designs. 

Here are the differences (in order of importance).  Notice that the two lists are completely different  :eyes:

1) Good gas milage
3) Inexpensive

1) Good Looks
3) Comfort and Amenities

I would say the American list is going to change since gas & diesel prices aren't what they used to be.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Dave22443

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 23, 2008, 09:37:10 AM
Quote from: Dave22443 on July 22, 2008, 12:09:07 PM

1) Good gas milage
3) Inexpensive

1) Good Looks
3) Comfort and Amenities

I would say the American list is going to change since gas & diesel prices aren't what they used to be.

I would agree that is the case, but gas milage still wouldn't take the top spot.

Top 3 American buyers requirements with todays gas prices:
1) Good Looks
3) Gas Milage

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

dodgecharger-fan

Well, they're not selling very well. They just cancelled the third shift in the assembly plant in Oakville, Ontario.

Pretty nasty fallout too. People quit other jobs to go work there and then were told even before they started, "Sorry. Your job doesn't exist anymore."
Similar fallout happening with other companies in the area that supply parts to Ford.

jeryst

No reason cars cant have all 6.

Tigger

The new Dodge Ram looks like a Ford mustang in the front. I guess the new trend in auto world is to steal one design concept and put your own spin on it. Chevy did the PT criuser spin and called it a HHR. :yesnod: