News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger front disc brakes

Started by 68dodgecharger, July 19, 2008, 03:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68dodgecharger

I would like to replace the existing front calipers ,rotors and pads ? I cannot find the 4 piston Bendix calipers which are existing on my car. Does anyone know of a supplier for these 4 piston Bendix calipers??  What other options are available to me?? ThanKs

moparjohn

White Post Restorations in  Va. can rebuild them for you and put new pads on the shoes. His name is Billy, can get you a number later if you want. Did work for me, highly recomend them. John Oh, Y1 and others sell the rotors.
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

chargerman68

u can buy the rebuilt kits and do them yourself.....very very easy

i have done it tons of times....
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

68dodgecharger

Hi Can you please tell me where you purchase the kits for rebuilding the calipers??
Thanks again for the info.

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Ghoste

You used to be able to get them at any auto parts store.

no318

Quote from: chargerman68 on July 19, 2008, 10:01:00 PM
u can buy the rebuilt kits and do them yourself.....very very easy

i have done it tons of times....
I did twice, because the WILL leak unless they have stainless sleeves and new pistons.  I agree with John.  They did mine 10 years ago and one started to leak over the winter (sitting).  I am going to conver to the newer style instead, just because of the ease of finding parts and the cost of the 4 piston stuff.

68dodgecharger

Thanks for the valuable info.If anyone finds a source for the rebuilt kits please let me know. I am looking at converting to a newer brake system from Summit Racing .
Thanks again!!