News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Progress on the '73 SE ::: Update Sept 22nd - Misc Progress

Started by 73ChargerSE, July 26, 2008, 11:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73ChargerSE

And one of my newly cleaned up door panels.  Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are life savers.

Harlow

Foreman72

Quote from: Harlow on January 13, 2009, 09:22:58 PM
The engine looks great. Nice pics.

x2...thats one awesome lookin car man... :cheers: 3rd gen brother
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

73ChargerSE

Well, haven't got much done in a while.  Still trying to get it to run its best. Did some little things today. Passenger side valve cover was leaking, so I got a new set of gaskets. At work there were 2 center caps in a shed, so I asked my boss about them and he said I could have them.  I already had two decent ones that looked about the same as the ones I got, so I had a full set.  Put those on today, I think they look pretty nice. Hopefully I can have the mechanic at work look at it a little bit to see if he can get it running right.  All in all a decently successful day.  Hopefully more updates soon.

Paul

69*F5*SE

The center caps make those wheels pop.  Looks good.   :2thumbs:

73ChargerSE

Been way too busy with work and school lately, but I finally gathered my parts for my 8 3/4" swap. Also got the car running, registered and insured.  Got a free brand new 770 Street Avenger from a guy at work and it runs a lot stronger.  Still need to adjust the valves.  Last night I got the old rear unbolted and took the gas tank out to get boiled.  All that's left are the E-brake cables.  New rear should go up today.  Getting excited to see my car with SS springs.  Pics will be posted in a few hours. :2thumbs:

Paul

73ChargerSE

Pictures came out kind of bad. Not sure why the blue tint is there.  Here's pictures from today.  I'm dead tired but can't wait to work more tomorrow.

Paul

mopar73

Where did you get the SS springs?  I'm needing some springs for my 73 also
Thanks,
Scott

BMOTOXSTAR

Good job man. You will be happy that you are taking your time and doing it right.
That is awesome man. :cheers:
My Rallye took me forever it seemed and it is just a driver. :icon_smile_tongue:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

73ChargerSE

Quote from: mopar73 on September 12, 2009, 10:01:15 PM
Where did you get the SS springs?  I'm needing some springs for my 73 also
Thanks,
Scott

I got the springs from a guy in town for $75.  He bought them for his drag car, but the car is considerably less than the 3800 lbs that these are rated for.  We'll see how they look when I get the rear in place (hopefully tomorrow/today)  I got rid of all the isolator stuff by taking some Chevy balancer bolt washers and TIG welding them into the perches.  I'll take a couple of closeups of that tomorrow, came out great. Need to find some shackle bushings in town.

Paul

73ChargerSE

Well, the rear end is in (a month later).  I finally got shocks for the rear.  Wanted to see how it sits, but the floor jack is at our feed store  :brickwall:.  I can already tell the 225 75 14's are going to be WAY too small for the rear.  Time to look for some 15x8" Magnums so I can get some meat on it.  The orange streak was an attempt at an inspection mark gone wrong, the rear was upside down :nana:.  I can't wait to see how it's going to sit and I'm even more excited about driving it. Still need to do brake lines and brakes. Soon.... Here's some pictures!

Paul

Charger440RDN

73ChargerSE

Got the car on the ground to see how it'd sit.  I'm going to need some bigger tires!

FLG

Oh YEA! Big time, put more meat under there!

Looking great Paul!

Thanks again for your help!!

73ChargerSE

Here's some daytime pictures of it.  Sits really nice and I find myself liking it more and more each time I look at it.  I've achieved what I believe is the perfect 3rd gen stance.  The car sits level (not higher on the passenger side). Next step is to bend up brake lines and fill it up with gear oil and drive it.

Paul

mopar73

Gotta get some of those springs!!!  Yours looks like the perfect stance :2thumbs:

Beer

Great Pics!

My 8 3/4" is going in Saturday/Sunday  :cheers:
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

SG1022

Quote from: mopar73 on October 15, 2009, 06:50:48 PM
Gotta get some of those springs!!!  Yours looks like the perfect stance :2thumbs:

What springs is he using?

73ChargerSE

Springs are 3800 lb Super Stock Springs.  To accept them, I welded Chevrolet balancer bolt washers onto the perches.  This makes them the standard pre-isolation size. There are no lowering blocks or anything.

Paul

FLG

Pics of that please...want to eliminate my isolator stuff.

73ChargerSE

Had quite a bit of progress on the car.  Been driving the car a little bit more.  FINALLY got my MSD setup installed.  Traced my bad running problem to a loose rotor tip that was digging into the terminals on the distributor  :brickwall:.  But now it runs a WHOLE lot better with the MSD.  Moved the rear bumper in and kept the '72 tail lights in the bumper, looks a lot better.  Also bit the bullet because I was sick of looking at the empty space in the wheel wells.  Got some new 15x8 Magnum 500's with 275/60-15's.  Tires were only $40 each at Firestone!  The 15x7 wheels and the matching front tires should be in later this week or early next week.  Changed the whole look of the car, I think.  I'll post more pictures hen I get the fronts.

Paul

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

charger400

Quote from: CDN72SE on May 13, 2010, 10:01:48 AM
Looking good.  :2thumbs:
Sweet car. Its cool to see all your progress. I just bought an all orig. 73 Charger SE with a factory 400 4bbl HP, power windows, A/C, 8 3/4 rear, and it came with the factory valance with cut outs. I am told the SE's with the 400 HP motor is rare, do you or anyone else out there know if that's true. Thanks.

Nacho-RT74

nice progress!!!!

I would fit some block spacers in rear though... just my 2 cents
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

73ChargerSE

Quote from: charger400 on May 19, 2010, 11:43:04 PM
Sweet car. Its cool to see all your progress. I just bought an all orig. 73 Charger SE with a factory 400 4bbl HP, power windows, A/C, 8 3/4 rear, and it came with the factory valance with cut outs. I am told the SE's with the 400 HP motor is rare, do you or anyone else out there know if that's true. Thanks.

My car was a factory 2bbl car.  I had to add the valance and 8 3/4".  I've only seen one 400 4bbl car, and I parted it out.  There was no rear in it, so I'm not sure what was in it.