News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

decent clone wing car on ebay

Started by HKCharger, July 30, 2008, 07:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman68

is this thing a scam.....i would buy it
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

It's legit. If I didn't already have a clone, I would have bought this one before it went on e-bay. Craig's the guy that's building the race version steel daytona noses. He's currently building a totally accurate Nascar daytona clone and doesn't need this car. He bought this car, but when he realized how much it would have to be cut up, he just found a different car to use to keep from hacking this one to pieces. It was much too nice for that. He used the fiberglass nose as a template to build the steel noses and didn't need it any longer.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

IowaCharger69

well that was short lived. By 10:04 pm Central the add is no longer there....

hotrod98

I'll try to find out what happened. The car is legit though.
E-bay has been pulling ads a lot lately for minor infractions such as certain wording, etc. A lot of sellers are frustrated.

Charles Addams

69charger2002

i'm pretty sure it had to do with the you tube video links. it is now relisted by the way. and a great deal i sure would love it but can't justify 2 clones
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

IowaCharger69

What an incredibly well priced clone. 4spd to boot. This car will make someone extremely happy. If i were an interested party and had the money on hand I would not hesitate to hit that buy it now. I don't anticipate it sticking around too long.

Daytona Craig

This is my car on E-bay. I had 38 people watching :o it and more than 1200 hits, :drool5: and a $15K bid :2thumbs: before they yanked it for the You Tube link! :'(

This great web site has helped me put this car together really quick. I think the $20K is a fair price, more than that I start feeling it is a little high.
This car has an easy 52 weeks of week end projects to really finish it up. But at least you can drive it to work 5 days a week.

I am still finishing up the headlight buckets. They are sticking. I need to remove more fiberglass around the buckets. I use Larry's idea of the 1990 Chrysler La Baron motor so I could hook it up to the 70 Chargers light relay. Thanks for all the help guys! I will have Mr.Issac done soon. :yesnod:

PS: you can bug Howie for photos of my 650+ HP Nascar Hemi. The last Time I posted a photo it was way to big.

chargerman68

for that price i would believe its long gone

Daytona Craig

$20k is still a big chunk of money for most of us family guys :eek2:

chargerman68

I KNOW IM ONE OF THEM

but the nose rear plug and wing are worth that price alone installled

Daytona Craig

As long as a make a couple of bucks to pay my 19 year old girl for her help, I'm happy. :yesnod:  I also learned  :scratchchin: a bit about Daytonas to help me with my Mr.Issac project.

Old Moparz

That's definitely one of the nicest & most complete projects I've seen in ages for the price.  :2thumbs:

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 30, 2008, 09:25:03 PM
It's legit. If I didn't already have a clone, I would have bought this one before it went on e-bay. Craig's the guy that's building the race version steel daytona noses. He's currently building a totally accurate Nascar daytona clone and doesn't need this car. He bought this car, but when he realized how much it would have to be cut up, he just found a different car to use to keep from hacking this one to pieces. It was much too nice for that. He used the fiberglass nose as a template to build the steel noses and didn't need it any longer.

Timing is everything Larry.... :lol:  If this was for sale before I bought my Road Runner, well, I'd be interested too.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Daytona Craig

I think if it doesn't sell. :'(  I will go to the paint store and get some of that metal etching yellow primer and make it a Joe Dirt Clone and see how long it take before the people in my town burn down my house, and run me out of town :flame:. I have a friend Rob who has the real Joe Dirt car,with his help I could make a dead on copy.

HKCharger

any pics of the daytona clone you will be making?

moparstuart

Quote from: HKCharger on July 31, 2008, 10:33:52 AM
any pics of the daytona clone you will be making?
yes i would love to see any pic you have of the K&K car or the race noses you make !

any thought of making a stock steel replacement nose also ? 

MOPARHOUND!

1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

BigBlockSam

i dig that car .  :2thumbs: good price too . all the hard work has been done . good luck with your auction . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

and the body looks really great , compared to my rusty basket cases i end up being able to afford !

Daytona Craig

I will have some photos of the K@K in 3 weeks. I'm going on a vacation! :coolgleamA: I will try to get a few before I go.

MOPARHOUND!

1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

moparstuart

cool someone here needs to buy that car .  It's a steal    :Twocents: :Twocents:

hotrod98

If I hadn't already started on my clone, I probably would have bought this one and saved myself a lot of work.
Could have kept my R/T SE original as well.

Charles Addams