News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Some questions and can someone decode my tag

Started by FLG, August 23, 2008, 01:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

I've noticed that alot of of my options arent listed on my fender tag. Heres the tag if anyone wants to give it a shot. For example, i have fender mounted lights (not listed on tag), console hood release (not listed on tag)...ect. So can someone decode my tag and explain why some things are missing. I know it used to be a 318 car (now 400).

V1W U

FE5 E6XW EW1 A04 153179

E44 D34

Thanks,

Frank

Dodge Don

I'm not a 3rd gen guy but not all options are noted on the fender tag, the broadcast sheet is where you will find all the options.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: FLG on August 23, 2008, 01:49:28 PM
I've noticed that alot of of my options arent listed on my fender tag. Heres the tag if anyone wants to give it a shot. For example, i have fender mounted lights (not listed on tag), console hood release (not listed on tag)...ect. So can someone decode my tag and explain why some things are missing. I know it used to be a 318 car (now 400).

V1W U

FE5 E6XW EW1 A04 153179

E44 D34

Thanks,

Frank

You have a Lynch Road built car (WP29G*A******) and Lynch Road did not code as many options as other plants. However, the top of your tag does show engine, tranny and axle assembly codes which are not coded on other tags so there's a trade off.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

FLG

Thanks 69 thats what i figured but i wasnt sure. So kinda makes me wish i had a buildsheet with the car. On the "top" of the tag you mean these numbers??

09135 122204 030 981069

69CoronetRT

Quote from: FLG on August 24, 2008, 01:10:13 AM
Thanks 69 thats what i figured but i wasnt sure. So kinda makes me wish i had a buildsheet with the car. On the "top" of the tag you mean these numbers??

09135 122204 030 981069

Yes.

09135 = gate and base number (has to do with body in white assembly)
122204 = sequence number
030= engine assembly number for '73 318-2bbl, automatic tranny w/o A/C
981= axle assembly number
069= automatic transmission assembly number
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

FLG

Thanks coronet,

Question though, Even though i dont have any other parts from the A/C setup, i DO have the evaporator sitting behind the firewall along with the controls for A/C. So is it possible it came with it?

69CoronetRT

Quote from: FLG on August 24, 2008, 12:55:44 PM
Thanks coronet,

Question though, Even though i dont have any other parts from the A/C setup, i DO have the evaporator sitting behind the firewall along with the controls for A/C. So is it possible it came with it?

The engine code says it didn't come with A/C. Also, A/C (H51) would be coded on the tag if it came that way.

FLG

Tilar

Look in front of the radiator where the A/C condensor would be mounted and see if it looks like anything has ever been bolted there. It sounds like someone took everything under the hood off for the AC when they did the engine swap.

Could the AC be one of the options that they didn't code at that plant?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

FLG

Will do. The hole in the firewall for the evap is deff factory made, no question. I would assume if its a non-ac car they would simply not cut out the hole though i might be wrong  :shruggy:

FLG

Another question. I believe this car also was equipped with power windows. Both doors have wires going to them, and connectors. All factory. Drivers door has 8 wires, passenger has (i believe) 3. I DONT think the factory would have wired up non powerd car. So assuming im correct, what do i need to put everything back? Also did it have power windows or also power locks? Only looked at passenger side but there are 2 connectors, one smaller black and one larger white one.