News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

aero cars at the nationals?

Started by pettybird, August 07, 2008, 12:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

who's going???

i'll be in Marty as I broke the LAST driver's side exhaust stud off below deck surface in the B5 car last night trying to change an exhaust gasket...not happy about having to pull the head.

that said, if you don't see the car friday or saturday it most certainly isn't my fault!!!

pettybird

hemigeno

Next year I hope to make it.

There's ususally pretty slim pickings on the wing/Aero car side of things.  DC.com member johntpr (John A.) usually makes it, but there's often only three or four total Wingcars and maybe a couple of 500s at the whole show.

pettybird

Quote from: hemigeno on August 08, 2008, 08:22:50 AM
Next year I hope to make it.

There's ususally pretty slim pickings on the wing/Aero car side of things.  DC.com member johntpr (John A.) usually makes it, but there's often only three or four total Wingcars and maybe a couple of 500s at the whole show.

I know, and I know of a couple regular attendees that aren't going this year, too. 

still sucks!

69_500

I was thinking that other than the year they did the tribute to the Charger and RR  I don't remember seeing too many of the aero cars period. I know that doug usually is there, and that the malcoms usually have something there, and John's car. I've taken the 500 a few times, but not the last two years.

Troy

I saw 2 yellow Birds, a red 500, and Malcolm's silver Daytona. Although, I didn't make it to all of the show yet.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69_500

A red 500? Hmmm, let me go check to make sure my neighbor didn't drive my car over there.

Troy

Quote from: 69_500 on August 08, 2008, 08:39:00 PM
A red 500? Hmmm, let me go check to make sure my neighbor didn't drive my car over there.

It wasn't yours. Possibly the same guy as the last time I saw you there?

Troy

69_500

Troy

No, judged side. I'll try to get more info today.

Troy

hemi68charger

Wish it wasn't so far away...  :'(  I'd bring Dana....... Maybe one of these days.......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

richRTSE

This one was among the race cars, I think he was racing in FAST, although I didn't see it run... :drool5:

69_500

pettybird

i'm pretty sure it was.

there was a red hemi 500 in the survivor tent, the McCauleys brought the F5 survivor daytona, the Malcolms brought the orange and silver Daytonas, there was a random green 4 speed bench seat bird by the car corral, we had Marty there, there were three yellow 'birds, one unknown, one owned by Mike Svec and one in the MCR booth, and Troy said he saw a white 'bird randomly late on Sunday.

there were more '08 challengers than aero cars!

marty broke his water pump belt 20 miles from the hotel and needed a tow, then blew out his orange box ECU the next day.  we made it home without issue, though!

it was nice to see a ton of wing car friends, though, but I still missed some people...

69_500

So was there 2 different 500's there then? Both being red? One in the survivor tent (I'll go out on a limb and say it was a HEMI 4 speed car with cloth insert seats and white tail stripe), and then one over on the judged side of the show?

Troy

Quote from: 69_500 on August 11, 2008, 08:35:54 AM
So was there 2 different 500's there then? Both being red? One in the survivor tent (I'll go out on a limb and say it was a HEMI 4 speed car with cloth insert seats and white tail stripe), and then one over on the judged side of the show?
Yes. The one on the judged side wasn't there Saturday or Sunday so I have no idea what happened to it. My guess is they packed it up as soon as it went through judging. It was a 440 car.

Troy

69_500

Hmmmm, I'm going to guess it was an R4 red, black interior, black tail stripe 440 AT car with A/C then. But I'll never know because I was too lazy to drive over to the show myself.

XXHEMI

Quote from: richRTSE on August 10, 2008, 07:19:58 PM
This one was among the race cars, I think he was racing in FAST, although I didn't see it run... :drool5:

Ran it in F.A.S.T but it was slow! Still fun though the red one in the suvivor tent was the Russo car (first one built?) Hemi 4spd.

pettybird

Hi Ed--  this is the second time this year i've missed seeing you...

it sucks trying to touch base with everyone you know at such a big event, even if you are driving a pink and yellow daytona!

XXHEMI

The nats is the worst for that. Lots of ground to cover.

69_500

Figured the one in the survivor tent was the old Russo car. Great car, and would have loved to have taken some more detail shots of it, but I guess I'll have to make a trip to the owners house to get all of the pics I would like to get of it.