News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1000 post use to be something speical

Started by cudaken, October 21, 2005, 02:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

Quote from: 6pkrunner on October 24, 2005, 07:02:26 AM
I think those post count numbers have caused more trouble than what they are worth. Seems on every board at some point in time, some equate knowledge, intelligence, or worldliness to the number of posts one has. One should actually view the person's online personality and what they have to offer as opposed to the number of posts they have. Also look at the duration that a person has been around. Its easy to sort out the value and the chaff.

:iagree:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

firefighter3931

Quote from: cudaken on October 23, 2005, 09:42:55 AM
Ron, I be happer if I had not had to start 71 topics ;) On the old site I answer questions, not ask them. :icon_smile_approve: OH Well.

Cuda Ken

Ken, that comment wasn't directed at you. With any luck your engine will be back together and kicking tail....then you can get back to answering questions in the paint and body work forums !   :icon_smile_big: Oh, and congrats on that 1000th post   :devil:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Charger_Fan

Quote from: RD on October 24, 2005, 10:11:22 AM
Quote from: 6pkrunner on October 24, 2005, 07:02:26 AM
I think those post count numbers have caused more trouble than what they are worth. Seems on every board at some point in time, some equate knowledge, intelligence, or worldliness to the number of posts one has. One should actually view the person's online personality and what they have to offer as opposed to the number of posts they have. Also look at the duration that a person has been around. Its easy to sort out the value and the chaff.

:iagree:
:iagree: :iagree:
Maybe that's why some forums don't have post counts at all, but rather show the date the person joined.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

472 R/T SE

CF you're the exception to the rule.  It's good having whores like you. :icon_smile_big:

andy74

Charger_Fan

Quote from: AllBlueRT on October 24, 2005, 03:32:30 PM
CF you're the exception to the rule.   It's good having whores like you. :icon_smile_big:
Awww, thanks Man! :pity: :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Chargerguy74

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Shakey

On the old site, at 1000 posts did you get a cake or something?

PocketThunder

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 21, 2005, 03:27:52 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on October 21, 2005, 03:08:15 PM
Hey ChargerFan buddy, what member number are you?   i'm #68.   just wondering how far off we are.
Beats me. :ahum: I can't seem to find which number I am...I see the date & time I joined, I guess I'm not very smart today. :-\   How did you find it?

I cant find it on here either but i remember from when we first signed up i "think" i got an e-mail notification telling me i was member #68.   And i thought hey 68's cool, but shucks, i'd rather be 69!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

I'm still waiting on 6pacRunner to get up to 1,000 post. He had quite a few on the old site as well.

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: Duct_Tape_Bandit on October 21, 2005, 04:50:04 PM
congrats I remember my 1,000th post

Is it only a thousand.  Slogging through all your posts makes it seem like a million.

And does it piss anyone else off that this guy has so many posts (none of which are useful)?  I want my 3-4000 old posts back.

Lowprofile

Quote from: Shakey on October 25, 2005, 07:31:06 AM
On the old site, at 1000 posts did you get a cake or something?

Cake?  I Love Cake!  Make mine Yellow cake with Chocolate Frosting! :icon_smile_tongue:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

69_500

Glad to see many of the people who used to post like crazy getting back into it on this site.

RT DAVE

I don't know how you guys do it.  I visit almost daily and respond to all posts that I have something relevant to add to and yet all I have is however many it says by my name right now...
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 69_500 on October 27, 2005, 10:25:29 PM
Glad to see many of the people who used to post like crazy getting back into it on this site.

Oh yeah? Glad to see you posting in something other than wing car threads. ;)

Quote from: RT DAVE on October 27, 2005, 10:30:38 PM
I don't know how you guys do it.  I visit almost daily and respond to all posts that I have something relevant to add to and yet all I have is however many it says by my name right now...
Just go to the 'lighter side' & put a ---> :smilielol: <--- in every thread. :icon_smile_big: