News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproducing charger upper door pads.

Started by XSRTSE, October 21, 2005, 11:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XSRTSE

Hi Group!
  I started working on reproducing the CHARGER upper door pads today.     I Will be making the first ones in   Black. What other colors should I mold ?   Any suggestions?

XSRTSE.

8WHEELER

What Year panels?? I could use 68 panels, red, gold, blue, pearl white, white, green we need them all.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Shakey

Wlcome to the site!

I'd be interested in seeing what the finished product looks and feels like and how much it costs.

1969 in black!

What about the medallions, are they going to be included?

Troy

Pearl White for 68.

Cost? How are they made? Are cores required?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Spartan

69's in green please :)  I was just looking at mine today and noticed the cracks haven't gotten any better.....
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

greenrt_se

Mfr426

Green for my 69 please.

Would LOVE to see some pics of ANY color once finished! ;D

Mike R

THE CHARGER PUNK

Charger4404spd

charge-it

Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Recharger

69fuchs

Definitely white for 69-70  pearl white for 68.  MUCH NEEDED PARTS!!!!!!!

XSRTSE

Hi group!
  Thanks for all the color suggestions and questions. Be patient, this will take a while but I'm highly motivated to get this done, I need a set for my 69 as well. I'm working on the passenger door first. they will be made out of a two part urethane self skinning foam, which is a highly durable   material.   I will make them about the same density as the originals and it can be moulded in most any color or painted with a urethane based paint if you wanted to change colors. and they will have a nice leather grain as the originals and will be for 68,69 & 70. and   as soon as I get the first mold finished, I will send some of you, in this group a free sample to see what you think!

XSRTSE.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sounds like a great idea!   Keep us posted on your progress.

Good luck! :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Shakey

I know the door lock knob location is different between '68 & '69, what about '70?  Same as '69?

Mfr426

I think 69 and 70 have the same lock location (in about 10" not right at the end like 68). But, the grain of the vinyl is different between 69 and 70. It IS noticable if you know what you are looking at and I was told about that after I bought the two years to make one set. Most folks wont notice that but if you put a 69 and 70 side by side you will see it.

I'd love to see any pics once you have a prototype. I would think that these would sell well as there is no source for these items (that I know of).

Good luck!

Mike R in Reading PA
69 Charger SE Loaded!

runningman

4402tuff4u

Count me in to buy a pair! Black 1968! Post some pic's of the prototypes. Thanks
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

suburbanfireman

I need black - do you need the originals (for cores)?
Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I think I might be addicted to cars."

Jill Taylor: "Well, DUH!"

Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I'm thinking about checking myself into the Henry Ford Clinic!"

694spdRT

A set of '69 red ones and a set of '70 white ones please.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

my69

XSRTSE

When the upper door pads make it out big  .  Will you consider to do the upper rear pads?

You may have your self alittle gold mine in the making :icon_smile_big:

bull

I hope it works out. By the response here I'd say you'll be pretty busy. Just Dashes definitely needs some competition.

General Ryan

AWESOME, any color is okay, but my request is for 69s in saddle tan

timinator

Wow! It's about time these pieces were reproduced. Thanks! I need tan (saddle)  pads for my 69 Charger. How about just offering a generic set that we could dye the color we need? What kind of timetable are we looking at? I'm ready to order.

41husk

It may me more cost effective to do them in Black and white.  If someone needs a color they can dye the white ones with out any problem.  That may allow you to keep cost a little lower, just a thought.  Good luck with the project, it is greatly needed!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

mikepmcs

What ever happened to this member making the upper door pads ???
He posted twice and never returned with more info on his progress.  Anyone know anything?

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Blakcharger440

Two sets for 1970 please. One in white and one in black! 

Blakcharger440

Carl1

Maybe XSRTSE is Charger Punk's brother??

Charger_Fan

He may have decided it was too much of a pain in the butt to get them looking right. That center ridge can't be very easy to get right.

I'll send him a PM, hopefully he responds. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

MellowCharger

Sooooo Gutted..................Like most of you I've been waiting moons for someone to start making these.
68 440 R/T
08 Ford GT
66 Sting Ray 427 Coupe
68 Corvette Rdstr
67 Mustang 390GT Fastback

hewi

JrJohnston

I have not found any repop's,but I have recoved them.I have pictures,but they are too larger to post,and it wont let me load the one's that I resized.
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim

mikepmcs

Jr J
Welcome aboard.  Your pics have to be 200kb or lower and the reason they won't load is because once you've tried to load them and it gives you a fault, you have to change the name of the pic file again before it will load.  just hit rename and pic something arbitrary like  glhi8473 or something.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

JrJohnston

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 25, 2007, 09:59:42 AM
Jr J
Welcome aboard.  Your pics have to be 200kb or lower and the reason they won't load is because once you've tried to load them and it gives you a fault, you have to change the name of the pic file again before it will load.  just hit rename and pic something arbitrary like  glhi8473 or something.

v/r
Mike

I tried that and it still did not work. Oh well,I covered to try and make them look better and they are not too bad.
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim