News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Academic Excercise...what are our cars worth?

Started by pettybird, August 17, 2008, 09:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

I dont know all the details of the car,  but i would guess 35-40 k not knowing all the details .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WingCharger

Did Daytona Guy make his own daytona nose, or did he use a supplier? His Daytona is my personal favorite, real or clone.

hotrod98

I would say that my car will be worth around 40K when it's finished. Part of that is because of it being a triple black R/T SE to begin with.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

pettybird

Quote from: nitrometal on August 28, 2008, 04:46:45 PM
While we're on the subject....and just for fun....

What do you feel my Petty "Win the King's Car" contest Superbird clone would be worth? 

Phil

it would be worth more by lowering the front out of the sky and a with a pair of repop quarter decals!  odd that they left it like that--between the decals and the alignment you'd be out what, a hundred bucks?

Marty sits too high up front but i need to knock down the tire size before I can drop him an inch or two. 

are you enjoying the car?  that's the most important part!

hotrod98

Quote from: pettybird on August 28, 2008, 09:40:59 PM
Quote from: nitrometal on August 28, 2008, 04:46:45 PM
While we're on the subject....and just for fun....

What do you feel my Petty "Win the King's Car" contest Superbird clone would be worth? 

Phil

it would be worth more by lowering the front out of the sky and a with a pair of repop quarter decals!  odd that they left it like that--between the decals and the alignment you'd be out what, a hundred bucks?

Marty sits too high up front but i need to knock down the tire size before I can drop him an inch or two.

are you enjoying the car? that's the most important part!

Along with those changes, I would install a 426 hemi and make a few other changes, but would pretty much leave the car alone as far as other cosmetics to hold it's value.
Just sort of improve where they left off.
I would get a kcik out of driving it though just the way it is.  :2thumbs:

Charles Addams

C500

Quote from: Daytona Guy on August 20, 2008, 10:38:45 PM
I will chime in – even though mine is a clone. I believe that my car could bring between 50 and 60K. People that I deal with (Real Daytona owners) would love a nice clone to enjoy and drive around. Many Daytona owners that I know rarely ever take their cars out (it seems Bird owners get theirs out more often that I have experienced). Therefore, having a nice clone can be in high demand yet there are not that many around. They are... 1) More Affordable.  2) More Insurable. 3) Less risky of a drive. 4) Can be personalized (customized). 5) Has the same "Shock and Awe" factor.

WOW, that is one awesome machine!!!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

nitrometal

are you enjoying the car?  that's the most important part!

I cranked the torsion bars all the way down and it looks a lot better now (that was a studio photo of the car before I picked it up).  What quarter decals are you talking about???

Yes!   I'm enjoying the car (wouldn't you?).  It's a blast to drive and it gets a ton of attention wherever I go.   :2thumbs:
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

hotrod98

Except for the fact that it would alter the "as built" aspect, I would add the wing decals. Those scream out superbird. I still like the car regardless.

Charles Addams

pettybird

Quote from: nitrometal on September 03, 2008, 09:01:44 PM

What quarter decals are you talking about???

Yes!   I'm enjoying the car (wouldn't you?).  It's a blast to drive and it gets a ton of attention wherever I go.   :2thumbs:

i know it gets the attention...we have one that color here at home.  they're awesome :)  I'd use that thing for my daily driver!

I would replace the generic sign shop "plymouth" decals with the repop ones in the correct font. 

hotrod98

I agree.
I mean on both counts...change the decals and drive it daily. If it's like any of my 383 cars though, it probably gets around 10 mpg. They don't get driven much which is a shame really.
That's why I'm going with the late model hemi and od tranny in the wife's bird clone. Hope to get at least 20 mpg on the highway. Maybe 16 in town.

Charles Addams