News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

More fast-moving foam grounds NASA

Started by bull, July 27, 2005, 06:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Another piece of foam came flying off the Discovery during Tuesday's launch. No more shuttle flights until they figure out what's going on. http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/space/2005-07-27-shuttle-inspection_x.htm?csp=24&RM

Charger4404spd

Well in my opinion, NASA takes too many unneccessary chances. And Im also tired of my tax dollars being wasted. Id much rather my money go towards AIDS and cancer research.

Dans 68

Quote from: Charger4404spd on July 27, 2005, 06:42:02 PM
Well in my opinion, NASA takes too many unneccessary chances. And Im also tired of my tax dollars being wasted. Id much rather my money go towards AIDS and cancer research.

Well, I don't believe that the dollars are being wasted. Scientific advancement, and Man's continuing quest to know the unknown are tremendous reasons to fund the space program. Man was made to take chances...ask me why do I keep getting married (only twice so go easy  :icon_smile_wink:)? NASA will fix the foam problem just like they fixed the burn through of the Morton Thiokol o-rings in the solid rocket booster. Progress sometimes takes time. And remember, Mr. Murphy will always be with us so we will always need to try do it better.   :patriot:

Hmm. That kinda wore me out. The engineer in me is yelling to get out....   ;D

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

bull

When I first heard that a piece of foam damaged Challenger to the point that it burned up on reentry I thought 'hogwash.' No way a piece of foam could do that. And then I saw the tapes of the tests they ran and couldn't believe my eyes. I guess anything will wreak havoc if you get it moving fast enough.

Lightning

when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Dans 68

...it is coming.... How else are we going to get to the moon and Mars?

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259