News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aftermarket 69 Grille question

Started by NMike, September 09, 2008, 06:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NMike

are the new grilles softer than the originals? are they a different plastic?

i see the new ones on sale for $500 complete/shipped. i just don't want to waste my money on a so-so product i won't be happy with.

mopar0166

Where did you find Aftermarket grilles?

THE COLONEL

Quote from: mopar0166 on September 10, 2008, 06:30:15 AM
Where did you find Aftermarket grilles?

http://www.mopartraffic.com/

If NMike has a different site where they are complete for that price, please post it.  The site I posted they don't have the accessories, trim and hardware included.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Blown70

?  Is this something that is actually IN stock?  Guess with the problems with PP, I would be leary... Info would be good.

Tom

THE COLONEL

Hason anyone bought one of those reproduction grilles?
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

resq302

Looks almost identical to the add that Premeir Plastics ran in MCG.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

mikepmcs

Quote from: Blown70 on September 10, 2008, 02:04:28 PM
?  Is this something that is actually IN stock?  Guess with the problems with PP, I would be leary... Info would be good.

Tom

Tom, exactly what I posted on another thread. Call him and see if they are in stock...the whole PP thing got me thinkin' you know.
Hope it is ready to go, get it now, etc....  I would've bought it 4 months ago myself instead of spending oodles of man hours rebuilding mine.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

NMike

well i emailed and PM'd them a couple of days ago, no answers yet....

1FastCharger

I emailed too. I want to make sure they are IN STOCK and not drop shipped from PP.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

472 R/T SE

Quote from: resq302 on September 11, 2008, 08:32:05 PM
Looks almost identical to the add that Premeir Plastics ran in MCG.

It is, with "Mopar Traffic" added to the right hand corner.  From Premier's site:

NMike

darrin75

These are from Premier plastics so they would need a few days to ship.  I have had no problems with them so far, but I see alot of people do not like Premier Plastics.  I am still trying to get to the bottom of all the negativity, to be sure I want to even sell for them.  Like I said I have had no problems so far, but you never know.  I do have great contact with them.  I talk to angela almost daily.  I basically work for several different people.  I sell Gunslingers products and people get them faster.  It does seem here recently that premiere plastics are slow, but I do want poeple to realize this company is as far as I know a one family business, maybe they are in over their heads here.  My website by no means want to make people unhappy.  So, the first thing i want is... email me your ordered info, how you paid and when, to see if I can help right ship here.  If not They will be removed my from my website.  Like I said I have sold about 15 sets of tail lights all happy customers.  The grille however I have not sold not a single piece, so maybe thats where the problems start.  Let me know.
Check out New Upcoming site.
http://www.mopartraffic.com

mikepmcs

I don't think the issue has ever been the taillights.  So, you don't have the grilles in stock then? If you are drop shipping the grilles and they are in fact from premiere plastics, that is definitely where the problem is. :Twocents:

Someone needs to get these things in stock and have them ready to go IMO, but I believe it's just PP who claims they are making them(meaning, i guess no one else makes them).

If you are advertising that you have these grilles available for purchase and you haven't got them, you are asking for a world of headaches.  A few unhappy customers on this site or elsewhere and your site will be known as mopartrafficJAM. :yesnod:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,46188.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,37156.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,44353.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,36149.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,42557.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,16620.0.html

That should get you started anyway.  Type in premiere plastics if you want more. 

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

NMike

i'd buy a set from someone that has it in the hands. i won't waste my time and money on a "it'll ship in a few days."

Blown70

Quote from: darrin75 on September 18, 2008, 11:23:54 PM
These are from Premier plastics so they would need a few days to ship.  I have had no problems with them so far, but I see alot of people do not like Premier Plastics.  I am still trying to get to the bottom of all the negativity, to be sure I want to even sell for them.  Like I said I have had no problems so far, but you never know.  I do have great contact with them.  I talk to angela almost daily.  I basically work for several different people.  I sell Gunslingers products and people get them faster.  It does seem here recently that premiere plastics are slow, but I do want poeple to realize this company is as far as I know a one family business, maybe they are in over their heads here.  My website by no means want to make people unhappy.  So, the first thing i want is... email me your ordered info, how you paid and when, to see if I can help right ship here.  If not They will be removed my from my website.  Like I said I have sold about 15 sets of tail lights all happy customers.  The grille however I have not sold not a single piece, so maybe thats where the problems start.  Let me know.

Darrin,  Sorry I would never buy anything that you would DROP SHIP from PP.  They are still from my understanding taking money and not delivering product.  That is WRONG.  I am glad you have a connection to speak to them but I have a guy down the road who has been waiting at least 9 months paid for it and is WAITING.  I would personally not do business with them.

I hope you have better luck than everyone else.

Tom

XS29J

This is my story with Premier Plastic Reproductions:

I ordered a 69 charger grille Thru phone contact with Angel Sexton on 3/28/08, This is over 6 months ago. She was very nice to talk to on the phone and said a grille would be on the way in 8-10 weeks. THE CATCH IS YOU CANNOT GET RETRIBUTION FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AFTER 60 DAYS. I have attached a photo of the credit card reciept. After many attempts thru June, July and Augest I finally got a response from ANGELA stateing my grille would be sent out the next week......Well here we are in October and NO GRILLE or any return calls from Angela or the company. Please note that if you GOOGLE premier Plastic Reproductions The first items that come up are the RIP OFF REPORTS filed by other customers.

XS29J

Emails I received::::

XS29J

And More:::

XS29J

No response  Will not answer phone calls What do you do.  """""I do not think I would be trying to sell a product for a company that treats people this way....""""

XS29J

If you go to Premier Plastic Reproductions WEBSITE their grilles are  ON SALE!!! For $375..  They never answer the phone but CALL YOU BACK if you are a potential PAYING customer. Don't lose your money to.
Jeff

XS29J

darrin75:   If you talk to ANGELA daily , What is her response to "WHY I'VE waited 7 months for a grille?
DO you sell their Grilles?
If so why?

Mike DC

We'd have gotten these grilles years ago if PP had not started doing this. 

They're not delivering enough to cover the demand for the part, but their operation's presence is still stopping others from investing in producing the grilles. 

XS29J

It is terrible that a Bussiness like Premier Plastic Reproductions is even allowed to exist. They take your money and then press on to take other peoples money with no remorse. If they cannot fill my order of ONE 1969 grille from MARCH of 2008 WHY would they continue advertising Grilles for sale And then EVEN HAVE A SALE ON THEM!!!    THEY do not deliver.  DON"T GET SCAMMED!  pass the word..

resq302

xs29j,

I can understand your frustration as I would hate to lose that kinda money too as money for me right now is extremely tight.  But, I am pretty sure that we all get the jist of your postings by now.  Please give it a rest or take matters to the next level and take them to small claims court.  Maybe a certified letter from an attorney will rattle their cage.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

darrin75

Even though the few I have sold for them I have had no problems.  Considering the negative feedback they get.  I AM NO LONGER GOING TO CARRY Grille's on mopartraffic.com from this company.  I am still however working on doing what I can to help everyone I can before dropping the bomb on them...  My site will be updated ASAP.  Gunslinger's Grille parts are still for sale on the site, with 100% happy customers.

Mike DC

I think I'd sooner just modify a ghetto-grade fiberglass grille from Showcars (the ones with the vents not even cut open) than try going through the Premier Plastics obstacle course.  Not perfect but it would suit a driver. 

XS29J

darren75:   Thats great you are removing their product from the site. Save someone else from maybe being taken.

resq302: Sorry it bothers you but I was just trying to cover any post that has anything to do with Premier Plastic Reproductions.   I've lost the $ I'm sure, but if I can stop one more person from making the same mistake, to me its worth the post. I do plan on visiting the address in DEC. to see if they really exist and I can try then to get a refund or a grille. Small claims court requires you to show up at trail date in TEXAS. Hardly worth spending the airline fare which would probly be more than the $496.   

70-500-SE-EXPORT

I have posted in other areas threads about this sleezy operation who robs people of their hard earned money. I was one of the victims of these scumy sleezebag thieves. Angela is piece of crap that lies right to you. DO NOT GIVE PREMIER PLASTICS YOUR $$. Once they have it you are nothing to them. They only care about putting their imaginary grilles on sale and getting more credit card numbers. They are going to piss off the wrong person some day and pay for ripping people off. I paid in full $638.00 in November 2007! I have not received anything from them as of OCT 28 2008. Ass-wipe skank Angela had the nerve to call me in June telling me my grille is going to ship next week just to be a smart ass. That was the last time I heard from them. After calling them EVERY week for months and leaving messages she never once returned a call! Then she calls me when she feels like it 6 months after purchase and has the nerve to tell me my grille is going to ship? 11 months later Nov 2007- OCT 2008 I dont have any grille.

Can someone tell me if this company is still in business or have they been shut down? I cant find their website.
68 Charger original SS1 paint with matching # 383hp

69*F5*SE

I feel real bad that you guys have been going through this crap with these people for so long.  It's not right and it's going to come back to them somehow in the long run.  What comes around goes around and it'll catch up with them sooner or later. Good luck!   Ted

1FastCharger

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on October 28, 2008, 01:20:06 PM
I feel real bad that you guys have been going through this crap with these people for so long.  It's not right and it's going to come back to them somehow in the long run.  What comes around goes around and it'll catch up with them sooner or later. Good luck!   Ted

Being in Texas it is really bad to pull this crap. I have a small arsenal, but am a level headed guy. Maybe someone not so level headed will get really pissed and go in shooting. It has happened before. You can only push people so far before they snap...and with money being such a touchy subject lately...... :2guns:
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

darrin75

I know have ask once, but I need everyone to send me their info, so I can see what I can do before setting sail..

Sorry but I don't have time for everyone story so just send:

Name: John Doe
Address: 76 Ya Mama
            Daddy Dr
            Rectal, Fl 00000

When Purchased: 9-9-02
How paid: Paypal. Money Order, Cash if you are dumb.

Thats It ..
Cheers

XS29J

All who have been RIPPED off by ANGELA SEXTON and Premier Plastic Reproductions Please file a simple fraud report with your local POLICE or Sheriff department.  This will be forwarded to Mckinny Texas and be handled thru their local investagators. We need to get rid of these scammers so someone reliable will pick up the reproduction of these grille. 

Rosevillemoparts

I filed mine this week with the local police dept. I hope they get what they deserve. They still own us 4500.oo in product
moparDave

Blown70

Quote from: Rosevillemoparts on November 15, 2008, 05:53:15 PM
I filed mine this week with the local police dept. I hope they get what they deserve. They still own us 4500.oo in product

WOW.... what a crook  :eek2:  Sorry to hear this.

Rosevillemoparts

for those who have been burned by Premier and still need a grille. We have 3 of these on the shelf. 350.00 n/c to ship with in the US.
We had a 7k order in with them and only shipped a 3rd of it. Luckily we were able to charge them back for it.
moparDave

Ghoste

I really wish they would get into reproducing Honda parts or something.  Maybe big goofy looking ricer wings.

69bronzeT5

Here's Premier Plastics hard at work! :smilielol:

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Nassau1969

What do you think a NOS 69 Charger grille would go for with all NOS chrome trim ?

Blown70

Quote from: Nassau1969 on October 02, 2009, 02:03:31 PM
What do you think a NOS 69 Charger grille would go for with all NOS chrome trim ?

:shruggy: $5?  :shruggy: hahahah, pry a good few thousand.... Restored ones will fetch 1800 to 2000 complete...

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Nassau1969 on October 02, 2009, 02:03:31 PM

We paid $400 for a used '69 grille with kinda beat up trim, needing to be restored and needing a new passenger side headlight bucket. That was back in 1999-2000.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Nassau1969

I have one that's all NOS for a good 8+ yrs now. I was offered nice money for it at one time over $3K. I feel that's a very reasonable price. But its a very rare piece. I would probably turn down allot more right now. Its not the money, I have a 1969 Charger R/T with 57K original miles that I bought in HS 26 years ago (I cant believe its been that long) I have these nightmare's every so often about that Rock bouncing down the road that was picked up by a car or truck in front of me and it hits the grille and blows a hole in it.  I don't trust these re-pro grilles yet, I heard the plastic is poorly mixed not sturdy to the elements of weather & time. I have a 70 R/T Charger also and have a extra grille for that to. I'm a nut I have allot of doubles of parts. I guess I'm a hoarder. I was just wondering what it would bring. I remembered I had it after I read this post. I'm 43 and I'm starting to lose my mind.

70daytonaclone

Nassau sounds like you got more money than brains. wish i had that problem! Hoard some more parts you don't need! :Twocents:

Nassau1969

70daytonaclone,
WOW I guess that's an insult, More money than brains no I don't think so. You make me feel as if i was bragging, which is far from the truth, if that's what your saying. I work hard for the money I spend on these cars. Do I enjoy it yes do I enjoy my cars yes, have I given parts away for not a dime yes. And yes I will hoard more parts some of my friends do also, I think everyone does. I'm in the middle of redoing my house and if there was a part I need and it would put the house on hold for a little while I would buy the part. Its not that I don't need them, its when I will need them. I was buying parts 4 yrs before I found/bought my 70 Charger and I'm glad I did because I cant find near half the parts that I was looking today when I bought them back then. Sorry if I offended u 70daytonaclone. As a matter fact I think I would like to do a Daytona clone one day so I hope you will be available for some advise.

Troy

There's a seller with an NOS 68 grill (just the 7 plastic pieces) that's always at Carlisle and he wants $5500 for it. Of course, he's had it for years so, obviously, no one is willing to buy it at that price. I have eight 68 grills myself (for 4 cars) but these things are so old and brittle you never know when one is going to break. Just a few weeks ago I posted some pictures of a bird strike to the front of my car which just missed the center of my grill. I'd rather have a spare than need to find one.

To answer the original question, yes, the reproductions are softer than the original material. In addition, the manufacturer is notorious for having no product and horrendous customer service. Unfortunately, there aren't many options other than finding a used one in good shape or an NOS one that cost more than some people spend on a whole car.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Mike DC

:Twocents:

Get an imperfect used one for a reasonable price, fix it from 20 feet but don't sweat the perfection, and run it.  

It may still take years, but I'm pretty sure that eventually there will be some viable repros.  When there are, you can change out the used one for a perfect one and you won't feel like you over-invested into the stupid grille just to put together your car.