News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

nice blue daytona replica for sale

Started by BigBlockSam, September 05, 2008, 10:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

Just thinking of a Daytona plug right now makes me mad. I saw a great condition Vega going through the gate into McKineys Scrap Yard on a trailer, hatch and all. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

It is a awesome car though!

Blown70

Quote from: WingCharger on September 06, 2008, 08:25:36 AM
Just thinking of a Daytona plug right now makes me mad. I saw a great condition Vega going through the gate into McKineys Scrap Yard on a trailer, hatch and all. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Go offer them $35 for the hatch......or do you not even have that much scratch....?? :-\

WingCharger

Quote from: Blown70 on September 06, 2008, 08:37:38 AM

Go offer them $35 for the hatch......or do you not even have that much scratch....?? :-\

McKineys doesnt sell parts. They only sell whole cars. Most of the time, older cars are crushed the same day they come in, and I saw it two days ago, but just now realized what I was looking at.

The70RT

Quote from: WingCharger on September 06, 2008, 08:44:07 AM
Quote from: Blown70 on September 06, 2008, 08:37:38 AM

McKineys doesnt sell parts. They only sell whole cars. Most of the time, older cars are crushed the same day they come in, and I saw it two days ago, but just now realized what I was looking at.

Go see if they still got it. Throw them 20 bucks before they crush it. You can get your car money by hustling stuff like this.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hotrod98

Quote from: moparstuart on September 06, 2008, 07:49:45 AM
Quote from: hotrod98 on September 06, 2008, 12:40:08 AM
Quote from: WingCharger on September 05, 2008, 01:58:37 PM
That plug looks weird. :-\ The window looks to wide from side to side.

All in all, a awesome car! :drool5:

Good eye...the plug has been placed all of the way up to the roof. It's about two inches too high.
Rookie mistake...lol

The car is worth 75K , but with this market, I would be surprised if it hit 55k.
ok explain this is it not a fiber gass plug them?  like the nose and wing????

The vega plug when set in place should have roughly a two to three inch gap between it and the roof. (I should have measured it before welding it in.)
That would make the glass approximately four or five inches from the roof taking into account the two inch band of sheet metal around the glass on the vega hatch.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

Did you notice the splice fro the rear window trim ?? It is coming apart on the sides , needs a slide in piece like Daytona S/E made

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on September 06, 2008, 02:09:12 PM
Did you notice the splice fro the rear window trim ?? It is coming apart on the sides , needs a slide in piece like Daytona S/E made

yep :coolgleamA:

triple_green

About how much is the motor and tranny worth in this car if it was sold alone?

I have a theory about how much these clones sell for and I want to "do the math".

Thanks!
3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 06, 2008, 01:31:49 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on September 06, 2008, 07:49:45 AM
Quote from: hotrod98 on September 06, 2008, 12:40:08 AM
Quote from: WingCharger on September 05, 2008, 01:58:37 PM
That plug looks weird. :-\ The window looks to wide from side to side.

All in all, a awesome car! :drool5:

Good eye...the plug has been placed all of the way up to the roof. It's about two inches too high.
Rookie mistake...lol

The car is worth 75K , but with this market, I would be surprised if it hit 55k.
ok explain this is it not a fiber gass plug them?  like the nose and wing????

The vega plug when set in place should have roughly a two to three inch gap between it and the roof. (I should have measured it before welding it in.)
That would make the glass approximately four or five inches from the roof taking into account the two inch band of sheet metal around the glass on the vega hatch.
in the discriptions it says it has the correct daytona glass  ???  and plug  ????
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

44 k now getting closer to the 55k mark 

FLG

Looks like we owe sam a beer.

Got darn close though.

moparstuart

Quote from: FLG on September 15, 2008, 02:16:33 AM
Looks like we owe sam a beer.

Got darn close though.

yeah the guy emailed me he would trade me for my car if i came up with 35k cash also LOL

BigBlockSam

QuoteLooks like we owe sam a beer.

:cheers:  it's just a sign of the times . second beer is on me .  :cheers:

Quoteyeah the guy emailed me he would trade me for my car if i came up with 35k cash also LOL 

:smilielol:  everybody thinks having a hemi is gold . i don't want a hemi . a 440 sixpack  is faster then a hemi  and my sixpack car runs like a raped ape

:dance:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img