News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nice black superbird replica for sale

Started by BigBlockSam, September 14, 2008, 11:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

WingCharger

hotrod98

Since he didn't mention anything about the conversion components, I have to assume that he used the cheapest parts available to build this one.
Instead of spending a few bucks having parts re-chromed, he just powder coated everything.
Can't tell from the one pic, but it looks like it still has the satellite dash.
Definitely not a 40k car.
:Twocents:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Ghoste

But it's shiny and it has a wing and a nosecone so I'll bet someone steps up.  Since I'm not buying it I can't tear the guy down and so far it's a helluva lot cheaper than most clones were just a short time ago.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 14, 2008, 11:48:54 AM
Since he didn't mention anything about the conversion components, I have to assume that he used the cheapest parts available to build this one.
Instead of spending a few bucks having parts re-chromed, he just powder coated everything.
Can't tell from the one pic, but it looks like it still has the satellite dash.
Definitely not a 40k car.
:Twocents:

Looks to have rallye gauges in the pics I see. But I definitely agree with you not as nice as he makes it out to be in the auction......Lots of little thing that turn me off...Allum. radiator ...black bumper....no flywheel cover........

Does it have drip rails?? or no??
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hotrod98

After blowing the interior pic up a little, I agree that he has the rallye gauges.
I'm sure that someone will find this car appealing.  It's just a little too monotone for me. He could have at least sprung for some bling bling wheels or something.
I haven't seen superbird clones bringing big bucks myself. I have seen the daytona clones bring this kind of money, but we're comparing apples to oranges.
With the daytonas bringing almost twice the money of a bird, the daytona clones seem to bring more than the bird clones as well.
I've seen some downright good deals on the bird clones.
I actually hope this guy does well with this car. That would mean that my clones would be worth more as well.

Charles Addams

oldcarnut

Sounds like he must get a lot of questions on how to's but will only sell the info.   Glad you guys here aren't like that.  :cheers:

Ghoste

I missed that, if selling his special secret info is part of his game then my opinion of the guy gets downgraded a bunch.  :down:

62 Max

nakita7

I didn't realize a Satellite, a nose and a wing were worth $90K...

Ghoste

So far they aren't, still at 45k but a week to go.

A383Wing

Either I am blind, or there are no fender scoops.

Bryan

oldcarnut

I think they're on this one.  Maybe he took the pic before he put them on.

62 Max

Quote from: nakita7 on September 14, 2008, 05:55:47 PM

Same for a Charger and a Daytona is easier to make.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 62 Max on September 14, 2008, 07:39:08 PM

Huh?...please clarify.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

redrider

WingCharger

Quote from: redrider on September 14, 2008, 08:33:17 PM
i don't like the black ralley wheels
:icon_smile_angry: :RantExplode: :slap:

I kinda like them. I drive a car with them. Black on Black!! :D

hotrod98

I'll agree that a Superbird clone is more difficult to build.
With the Superbird, you not only have to install a back window plug, you have to alter the hood which is a PITA.
I'm watching this closely. I have almost enough parts to build a second bird clone.
I might just make enough money on the second bird clone to pay for the first bird clone.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

moparstuart

i like the stealthy look of all black , kinda like mikes angier
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Yeah, but they're a bitch to find in the dark. :icon_smile_big:

Kind of like the guys that camo their trucks and then park them in the woods. If I were a hunter, my truck would be bright orange.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteYeah, but they're a bitch to find in the dark. icon_smile_big 

unless it smiles   :D
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Redbird

It seems like a lot of money for the future owner to be able to answer every time someone asks if it's a real Superbird, to say "no it's a fake". Then there is the question of how it will run. More power to the seller if he sells it.

62 Max

Quote from: 1hot68 on September 14, 2008, 07:52:47 PM
Quote from: 62 Max on September 14, 2008, 07:39:08 PM

Huh?...please clarify.

Just read down a few posts.