News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XX engine on Craigslist

Started by Charger1970, April 26, 2008, 11:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Principles aside, regardless whether it is good or bad, the stampings make it worth the price to have it with the car.    As I see it, even if you never did anything with it, just that it goes with the car is worth the asking price.    It also takes away a future buyers objection to the car, that its NOM. 

moparstuart

Quote from: DougSchellinger on January 09, 2009, 10:28:55 AM
Principles aside, regardless whether it is good or bad, the stampings make it worth the price to have it with the car.    As I see it, even if you never did anything with it, just that it goes with the car is worth the asking price.    It also takes away a future buyers objection to the car, that its NOM. 
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  I totally agree

I would love to have this motor if the car it went in was long crushed and gone
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

I think they may be doomed to remain separated forever.

BigBlockSam

QuoteI would love to have this motor if the car it went in was long crushed and gone

if you want the motor make the guy an offer. the guy that has the car it goes with has had lots of opportunities to buy it . he don't want it . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 09, 2009, 12:32:27 PM
QuoteI would love to have this motor if the car it went in was long crushed and gone

if you want the motor make the guy an offer. the guy that has the car it goes with has had lots of opportunities to buy it . he don't want it . Rene
I have known him too long and too well to buy it , I would never be able to put it in my car  :Twocents:

This is rick the owner of the 500 in question , with his bird he bought brand new and my kid

WingCharger

Why would a guy not want the numbers matching engine to his 500? :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

moparstuart

Quote from: WingCharger on January 10, 2009, 08:21:42 AM

Why would a guy not want the numbers matching engine to his 500? :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:
He's cheap

troy.70R/T

Just ran across and read the whole story about Rick's long lost motor. The price of $1500.00 seems reasonable to me. (If that is trully what the price is now) I agree with some of you in that he should have bought it  on ebay or craigs when he had the chance. Also yes I agree that is is only work about $600.00 to anyone else. when you think about it you will spend $400.00 for a B-body 4-speed shifter, $250.00= for a set of 70 Charger front fender Blinkers then $1500.00 is really not all that bad for the block. So I hope the guy is down to $1500.00 for the block and Rick goes and inspects it, everything looks good and he loads it in his truck.  however he will need to bring his wife so she can take the sellers pic. Cause I want to see the look on his face when rick pulls out of his drive way and flips him the bird :2thumbs: and I don't mean the Superbird.

68charger383

If its down to $1,500, he should just buy the motor. Eventually the car will change hands and he owes it to the future new owner to pick up the block for the $1,500.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

WingCharger

Quote from: 68charger383 on January 10, 2009, 06:18:14 PM
If its down to $1,500, he should just buy the motor. Eventually the car will change hands and he owes it to the future new owner to pick up the block for the $1,500.
He owes it too the car, and the hobby. The rare cars like the 500's and Daytona's are a way of looking back at a time when NASCAR really meant "National Association Of Stock Car Auto Racing", not something using tube frame cars. :pity:

The future of the hobby is directly reliant on rare cars like these, and they should be restored to the best level possible.

Just my  :Twocents:.

tan top

Quote from: WingCharger on January 10, 2009, 07:59:21 PM
He owes it too the car, and the hobby. The rare cars like the 500's and Daytona's are a way of looking back at a time when NASCAR really meant "National Association Of Stock Car Auto Racing", not something using tube frame cars. :pity:

The future of the hobby is directly reliant on rare cars like these, and they should be restored to the best level possible.

well said  :yesnod: 

on a side note , still can't figure out how space frame cars ..can be called stock  :horse:  for nascar
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

WingCharger

Quote from: tan top on January 10, 2009, 08:07:36 PM
Quote from: WingCharger on January 10, 2009, 07:59:21 PM

well said  :yesnod: 

on a side note , still can't figure out how space frame cars ..can be called stock  :horse:  for nascar
:iagree:
I think they should be homologlated, just like '69.
Lets have a new Daytona with a nose! :ricky: :stirthepot:
I don't think that would look weird. The noses on the old cars actually look okay by modern design standards, just not the wing.
(My bro says that hellaciuos wing should make the cars fly. :brickwall:)

It was also a time when racing directly affected car sales, so you better win! Race On Sunday, Sell On Monday!

Ghoste

I'm pretty sure Rick intends to take his cars with him. (when the time comes)

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on January 10, 2009, 11:23:27 PM
I'm pretty sure Rick intends to take his cars with him. (when the time comes)
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  yeah but if he kicks the bucket first sherry will have them gone   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

pettybird

...and it makes no sense why mrs. purse strings can't get her head around buying this.

this whole stupid thread should just be deleted.  the only people who can't see the logic here are named Edwards.

talkiemopar

O.K.   D.C.  -  "mrs. purse strings' here

I shall send you the expense sheet and you can pull all the strings.  How about you picking up the motor and we'll be glad to throw in the car for  ahhhh lets say   60k.  The strings are now in your corner. :cheers: :hah: :nana:

WINGR

Hi talkiemopar, not to change the subject but how are you and Rick doing? Hope he is doing good after his surgery.

Steve

moparstuart

Quote from: talkiemopar on January 11, 2009, 10:37:02 PM

I shall send you the expense sheet and you can pull all the strings.  How about you picking up the motor and we'll be glad to throw in the car for  ahhhh lets say   60k.  The strings are now in your corner. :cheers: :hah: :nana:
go get him sherry   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

pettybird

Quote from: talkiemopar on January 11, 2009, 10:37:02 PM

when we see him in person and he goes on and on about how much money he's making selling random wing parts I don't care about balance sheets.

buying that motor and then selling the car with it at a later date is going to return more money than you'll see from any savings account in your lifetime.

talkiemopar

:RantExplode: :shruggy: :Twocents:

WHAT SAVINGS ACCOUNT!   Kids already blew it!    :o :o :o :icon_smile_angry:
We're doing o.k.   Ricks still kicking - now it's me.  and the saga goes on.----------------------and on--------------------and  ;D

moparstuart

Quote from: talkiemopar on January 12, 2009, 02:16:53 PM
:RantExplode: :shruggy: :Twocents:

WHAT SAVINGS ACCOUNT!   Kids already blew it!    :o :o :o :icon_smile_angry:
We're doing o.k.   Ricks still kicking - now it's me.  and the saga goes on.----------------------and on--------------------and  ;D
make him go build some more pallets

talkiemopar

As I said - We intended to leave the 500 to pettybird but ??????????????????? since he doesn't have the original motor why would he be interested in inherating the car?????????? :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :icon_smile_big:

p.s.  Doug how about sending a little cash so I can buy gas to get to Lynchburg! : :pity: :pity: scratchchin: :scratchchin:  :popcrn:

moparstuart

Quote from: talkiemopar on January 12, 2009, 02:30:30 PM
As I said - We intended to leave the 500 to pettybird but ??????????????????? since he doesn't have the original motor why would he be interested in inherating the car?????????? :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :icon_smile_big:

p.s.  Doug how about sending a little cash so I can buy gas to get to Lynchburg! : :pity: :pity: scratchchin: :scratchchin:  :popcrn:
does that mean dougs out and you can leave it to me now ?  Please,         and no butt out danny your not in on this one   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :nana:

General_01

Quote from: pettybird on January 11, 2009, 09:27:06 PM
...and it makes no sense why mrs. purse strings can't get her head around buying this.

this whole stupid thread should just be deleted.  the only people who can't see the logic here are named Edwards.

Logic doesn't replace cash on hand. Plus, I am kinda pigheaded also. If some a$#hole bid on that motor just to hold it for ransom like he is, I would be stubborn enough to let him eat it. I'd just wait until he kicked the bucket and then buy it from his wife, who will most likely want to see all the "car junk" gone.

And I beleive I read that someone thinks they "owe it" to the next owner to buy this motor. Seems to me this guy will still have this motor if and when that ever happens. Isn't this about the third time he has listed this thing?

Another solution for one of you people concerned with this is to buy the motor and wait til the car goes up for sale. Seems you would get a 500 cheaper because it isn't numbers matching and add about $10,000 to the value of it just by pulling it to your place because you have the numbers matching motor. :Twocents:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed