News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XX engine on Craigslist

Started by Charger1970, April 26, 2008, 11:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtx6970

rebuilding on a budget isn't as easy as it sounds. I'm  currently building  a 340 for a local customer and I think I'll be on the north side of $2000 in parts and machine work when I'm done, and that does  NOT include labor

69_500

Well at least it was someone one here that was the high bidder. I was hoping that it would find its way back to Rick, and it appears it will eventually.

Charger Aficionado

Okay guys.  Update:  Talked to seller, and confirmed that I'm traveling there after I get my Charger.  He was okay w/ a delay, but agreeded to wait for any money until I got there (thank God he was nice enough to do that). 

So I'm in Ca now, and ready to head up North to get the '70.  And of course it started storming... 

Talked to Rick and we made an arrangement that is great for both of us.  It will all work out.

The70RT

That's a long trip. Hope it all goes well ......Drive safe.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

talkiemopar

Ghoste

Wooohooo!!!  :2thumbs: :boogie: :punkrocka:

Here's to you both.

tan top

this good to hear after all that time  being apart :dance: :dance:, great stuff  :yesnod:

gives us hope to all who has a matching numbers motor ..MIA  :'(
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

awesome news glad we can put this one to rest
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

talkiemopar

It's 12;00 noon wednesday and Jude just left for texas .He got here tuesday at 3 am, got some sleep,then did the trade ,I kicked in a auto trany and some other parts he was needing .Took him for his first ever ride in a BIRD  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: and banged the gears  :yesnod: he liked it and so did i   Real nice guy,glad i got to met him  :cheers:  Rick

Ghoste

Did you type that or Sherry?

talkiemopar

moparstuart

Quote from: talkiemopar on March 11, 2009, 12:29:07 PM
    I typed it  ,Rick
there are still really good people in this hobby ,  not everyone is like that frank .  :2thumbs:

jude your the man

Ghoste

I wondered if it was you Rick because I knew that if you did it instead of dictating to your personal assistant, then it meant you were feeling pretty pleased about now.  As well you should. ;)

talkiemopar

Yes i am very  pleased that it all worked out .It only took 11 months Rick  :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :nixon:

69_500

Easy with the hair pulling there Rick, there isn't that much left up there to be pulling on.

Glad to hear that you did finally get the engine. So now how long until that car comes to live in my garage?

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on March 11, 2009, 03:36:19 PM
Easy with the hair pulling there Rick, there isn't that much left up there to be pulling on.

Glad to hear that you did finally get the engine. So now how long until that car comes to live in my garage?
sorry danny your a day late again , he's promised it to me   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

talkiemopar

Danny , did you say you wanted to restore it for ME :angelwing: :angelwing: :angelwing:

pettybird

Quote from: talkiemopar on March 11, 2009, 02:30:55 PM
     Yes i am very  pleased that it all worked out .It only took 11 months Rick  :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :nixon:

...and all it would have taken was $1500 7+months ago.

only you, Rick....

69_500

Sure after you sell it to me I'll restore it.

talkiemopar

sorry Danny, i think your wife wants blue,not bronze  :nana:  Rick

talkiemopar

Pettybird  I think your check got lost in the mail. I waited and waited but it just never got here You should have used a stamp on it instead of writing return to sender to save 42 cents :nana: :fu: :wave: :ohhthesarcasm: :sorry:   Rick

pettybird

Quote from: talkiemopar on March 11, 2009, 09:40:56 PM
  Pettybird  I think your check got lost in the mail. I waited and waited but it just never got here You should have used a stamp on it instead of writing return to sender to save 42 cents :nana: :fu: :wave: :ohhthesarcasm: :sorry:   Rick

Shh!  let everyone know your tricks and you'll be out of business in no time!

talkiemopar

pettybird

Quote from: talkiemopar on March 11, 2009, 09:40:56 PM
You should have used a stamp on it instead of writing return to sender to save 42 cents

come on...I'm not the only one here who could see you doing that.  we've all heard your stories  ;)

I am glad the motor's with the car again, however it happened. 

talkiemopar