News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XX engine on Craigslist

Started by Charger1970, April 26, 2008, 11:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

Charger fan, yes your logic is sound.  I did never expect the '70 engine to run what-so-ever (matter of fact once I saw it: it looked BEAT, nowhere near as good as he made it sound).  He made it sound like it was a complete factory looking set-up, but when I got there it was "clown colored" (red valve covers, blue this, spray painted that)...  He had just threw spare stuff on it. 

And yes, none of it does make sense, unless I got a small kick-back on the auction.  When it was obvious that wouldn't work Rick should have suggested something else.  

And STILL he won't "man up", and even claim he thought he gave me a "great deal" (if that's what he can justify in his own mind).

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: pettybird on August 17, 2010, 09:25:42 PM
You gave him a core short block, and he gave you a whole core motor, a core transmission, trans crossmember and more.  Yes, that was worth the difference.  
That's quite a stretch.  Yes, under NORMAL circumstances you are right, but you damn-well knew the huge PREMIUM price tag the XX engine had (you saw it on eBay, SEE:your post on page 12 about it being over a Grand). Not to mention the "free" delivery, and my 2 weeks off of work.  

I don't appreciate the insults on the auction, and the "spin" in the quote above.  Suuure "even deal".  Makes me WONDER what your alterior motive is..???  

I took some hits with the downturn in the economy, and have not been able to travel back up there to file suit, however I'm recovering, and fully intend to (there is a 5yr statute of limitations).  Then your stingy buddy can pay those travel fees, my court costs, and what he owes me.  

My BEEF never was with the engine he gave me, it was the fact that he asked me to pull the auction due to mis-information I was under the understanding was correct, and not agree to re-list it.  It obviously was a bust, so I did ask him to figure something else out, but he ignored me.

hemigeno

Quote from: Troy on May 03, 2009, 06:06:12 PM
Throughout the history of the site(s) I've strongly discouraged airing disputes between members unless there was absolutely no alternative

Please keep Troy's request in mind when considering whether to continue this discussion.  I can see very little potential for a positive oucome, and a high chance of it spiraling south.

Jude, you've mentioned you still have recourse - and if that's the case, then Troy's standard of "absolutely no alternative" isn't met.  Your best bet then is to focus your attention on what you feel you need to do.

:Twocents:

pettybird

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on August 17, 2010, 10:50:40 PM

Makes me WONDER what your alterior motive is..???  

I have nothing to gain.  

Compare:  
Rick has been a friend of our family for 30 years.  
You are calling him names, threatening lawsuits and making him out to be a villain because a deal with a POTENTIAL upside didn't pan out.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on August 18, 2010, 08:32:54 AM
Quote from: Charger Aficionado on August 17, 2010, 10:50:40 PM

Makes me WONDER what your alterior motive is..???  

I have nothing to gain.  

Compare:  
Rick has been a friend of our family for 30 years.  
You are calling him names, threatening lawsuits and making him out to be a villain because a deal with a POTENTIAL upside didn't pan out.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:   rick is cheap , but none of the other things you called him in my book .  :Twocents:    It was a great service you did for the car and the hobby just leave it at that and go on.
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

We've all made deals that didn't quite work out the way that we had hoped. Most of us keep that between the parties involved. It's the right thing to do.
I admire Rick for his cheapness. Anyone that buys a lifetime battery for his Superbird and makes them replace it every few years for free is a winner in my book. Sometimes you win...sometimes you lose.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Charger Aficionado

Alright.  I am done venting.  I have given Rick plenty of time to respond, and he has not.  It would be nice if he saves me a ton of time, and simply discusses it.  If not, I have no other options.  I really was trying to do something good. 

I'm now Chargerless, so I won't be around much.  '70 project went South after body guy let it sit for a year (still waiting for that deposit back)...  I'm going to get that Jesse James Tattoo on my palm.
Good day Gents. 

BigBlockSam

I'm now Chargerless, so I won't be around much

didn't you use to have like, 20 chargers or do i have you mixed up with someone else?
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

I called rick and he hasnt been on here because his wife sherry is in the hospital with stomach problems and will be for at least another week .   Sherry is his secretary and does all his typing .

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on August 20, 2010, 12:13:10 PM
I called rick and he hasnt been on here because his wife sherry is in the hospital with stomach problems and will be for at least another week .   Sherry is his secretary and does all his typing .

If you call back wish her well from us.

moparstuart

one call every six months is enough  LOL

I will if i here from him , Im sure he's watching but doesnt have the secretary to type for him  .   :icon_smile_big: 

69_500

Yeah I talked to him on the phone the other day too. The night before she was going in for surgery actually. Figured that once all of the important things in his life get settled he will chime in with his own response to the situation. Hope that she is doing well.

I think I set a new record too the other day on the phone with Rick. Total phone call was

get this

37 minutes

I dare you to be on the phone for a shorter time period than that Doug or Stuart or Steve. :)

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on August 20, 2010, 08:48:50 PM
Yeah I talked to him on the phone the other day too. The night before she was going in for surgery actually. Figured that once all of the important things in his life get settled he will chime in with his own response to the situation. Hope that she is doing well.

I think I set a new record too the other day on the phone with Rick. Total phone call was

get this

37 minutes

I dare you to be on the phone for a shorter time period than that Doug or Stuart or Steve. :)
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   i have had shorter just ask rick   :nana:

69_500

Hanging up on him doesn't count.  :nana:

moparstuart

rainbow4jd

Jeez!  This is a fun one to read.

There's lots of lessons here.

A) Get everything in writing all the time.
B) I don't care how nice a guy someone is... see point number 1
C) Trades usually end up bad for one of the two parties - see NBA, MLB, and NFL - so get cash.
D) If the guy who wants the engine the most is going to sit on his thumbs and let somebody else do all the work.... you can bet he's paying me cash up front.

The70RT

I don't know anyone that would have went through all of this trouble for someone they didn't know. Just because you see people at shows and have things in common or talk to them on the phone all day don't mean anything. Some people live with people and still don't know everything about them. The thing to ask is would that person do the same for you if the tables were turned? If someone would have did all this for me they would have been happy when we parted. I would have way over compensated him for doing me this favor because what's the chances of it ever happening again or to happen at all. I don't know anyone that would deliver me a part from clear across the country just to see if I had anything to trade them. Others were closer to him and the engine and never made a move. It looks like sender was more ambitious to make a deal then the receiver.....in the evidence stated in this thread.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

rick called and said sherry is still in the hospital had two more operations and now has an infection ? 
  I just love hospitals ,  let pray she starts getting better .  :yesnod: :angel: