News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What valve springs needed...

Started by original72, July 27, 2005, 08:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

original72

getting a .504 lift Engle cam and was wondering what valve springs to get when i place a order with Summit for other parts...... they seem to only be offered in sizes.... diameter and such... any info and especially a part number and manufacturer would be greatly appreciated......

Thanks In Advance
Bill

original72

more info... the heads are 452's and they have already been rebuilt by the previous owner and the engine was never started..... was set up for a .484 lift cam.....

firefighter3931

Why not just order them from Engle. They will have the matching spring for that grind.....it's very important to get it right, or you will have all kinds of problems. Depending on what springs have been installed inthe 452's....you could be fine. I'd call engle and ask for the specs on their springs to see if they are close to what you've allready got. You need specs for seat pressure, open pressure,installed height and coilbind. Once you have that info, have a machineist inspect your heads and see what you've got....before spending any money.   :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs