News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hemigeno's Daytona restoration - a few more tweaks... again!

Started by hemigeno, November 27, 2006, 09:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Father-in-law Geno. The good thing about cars is that they are very patient,when you are ready The Daytona will be too. Take good care or your family and yourself.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

UFO

69_500

Sorry to hear the news Gene. Hope the rest of the family is doing well, and that you guys continue to lean on God for wisdom and comfort.

gtx6970

Gene,
My condolences to your wife and family, we lost my father in law last spring. And your right, it will and should change anyones perspective on life and just how precious life really is. It isnt easy at 1st, just tell her to cherish the memories good and bad and it does get easier with time.

Bill Allphin

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

xs29j8Bullitt

After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

WINGR

Hey Geno, very sorry to hear of your loss. God Bless you and your family in this difficult time. Please take care.

Steve

Davtona

maxwellwedge

Gene - Sorry to hear about your loss. Been dealing with the same thing here as well. Stay strong for your wife and the family.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hemigeno

Man, thank you all for your well-wishes.  It means a lot to me...  It's awesome to know there are such great friends on here, and my wife and I are definitely focusing our attention on the right things - God and family.  We're not the only ones to have lost a parent of course, and 3-1/2 years ago (coincidentally enough, right before this Daytona's restoration started) we lost my mom.  It's just another reminder about the brevity of life and what's really important.

Thanks again,

Gene & Beth

Mopar John

Geno & Beth,
Sorry to hear about your loss!! It's never easy but the UNEXPECTED is worse!
John Borzych

hemibee

Geno, I am very sorry to here about your father in law, there will be plenty of time to talk cars after some heeling time. take care.    Rich

41husk

Geno, sorry to here of your loss.  My families prayers are with you.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparchris

My condolence's to you and your familiy.  Take care of the important things in life and the car will be there waiting for you when you are ready.

70Sbird

Geno,
I just catching up, sorry to hear of your loss
Prayers sent!

Scott Faulkner

hemigeno

Thanks again for the kind comments and well-wishes for my wife/family and I.  She's handling things quite well I must say, although I know firsthand that losses like this never totally fade away.  We're slowly getting back to the "new normal".

A little while ago I missed a day of work and made a quick trip up to Michigan, mostly to deliver a few things.  Not much had changed since the last round of pictures, so I actually only took two pics of the car - one of which was an engine shot so Jim/maxwellwedge could see we've corrected the kickdown linkage callout on the valve cover.   :P

Just a couple days later, some cool parts finally showed up at Vance's shop which will allow him to button up the back end of the car.  We're still waiting on a few more major items so it's not like the car can be wrapped up just yet.  Hopefully some tangible progress will be made soon though.

On Friday the 16th, I took nearly two complete sets of glass to ECS Automotive's shop (Dave Walden) in Ellisville, MO - only missing one door glass and the windshields from having two of everything.   Dave is a fantastic guy, and using the term "passionate" to describe Dave is like using the adjective "wet" to describe the ocean.  He's the ultimate automotive fanatic, and is really going to help out with some things.  Among other things, his guys are going to very carefully and uniformly polish the glass to remove the hazing and scratching from the pieces, with the goal being to remove as many of the scratches - even the deeper ones - as possible without causing any distortion or waviness.  By bringing two sets (especially two back glass pieces) we can feel a little more comfortable pushing the envelope, as I suggested that we try to repair the worst of the two back windows "just in case" it doesn't work out like we hope.  In that event I would have the better of the two to just polish up normally and then reinstall.  Dave and I are still discussing the possibility of repairing the package tray where the corner was broken during a test-fitting session.  That would include repairing the texture of the pressboard where it had been scratched up a little.  I already have a Legendary repro tray sitting on the shelf to use if we cannot repair the original, but I'd rather stick with OEM wherever possible.  I also talked with Dave about a few other items/products he's developed from his other projects which will hopefully make this particular project even better than it already is.  More on that subject later...

maxwellwedge

Quote from: hemigeno on April 26, 2010, 07:11:53 PM

A little while ago I missed a day of work and made a quick trip up to Michigan, mostly to deliver a few things.  Not much had changed since the last round of pictures, so I actually only took two pics of the car - one of which was an engine shot so Jim/maxwellwedge could see we've corrected the kickdown linkage callout on the valve cover.   :P

Olga would be proud!  :2thumbs:   Looks good!

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Al

1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1

abebummy26

Looking great Gene. Glad to see progress is still being made on your car looks a ton better than the first time I saw it. No more Flintstones floorboards.  ;)

hemigeno

Hi Lincoln, hope you and your Dad are doing OK these days!

The car does look a lot better than when you first saw it for sure.  After things get wrapped up you ought to stop by the shop for another visit. 

Thanks for the comments, everyone.