News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hemigeno's Daytona restoration - a few more tweaks... again!

Started by hemigeno, November 27, 2006, 09:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar John

NOT ONE! NOT TWO! BUT THREE OE DAYTONAS AT THE SAME SHOW!
Linda and I got back late last night from our quick Mopar Nationals adventure! We walked the swamp meet Friday early. Then had lunch and made our way to the OE judging tent! The three Daytonas that were supposed to be there were there! John Antonellis Daytona was the first Daytona to be judged early Thursday. My first picture is of John standing by his yellow Daytona. Next up on Thursday was Tony D'Agastinos white Daytona. My second picture shows Tony's Daytona. When we arrived Friday afternoon Gene Lewis was just driving his Daytona up on the ramp for judging! Yes! They brought the lift back! The last two pictures are of Genes Daytona up on the lift getting ready for the judging! I got to talk with John and Tony but left Gene alone as it was crunch time and there were enough distractions already! There were so many people around this display of rare Mopar engineering that it was difficult to take pictures! ENJOY!
MJ

Aero426

It will be a LONG time until we see three high caliber Daytonas like this under the tent at the same time.    Very exciting. 

jonw29

I agree with Doug.Good job and good luck to all.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

johntpr

paul jacobs

congrats to gene lewis, mike mancini-Tony d and john Antonelli for three oe gold Daytonas! We will probably never see this again.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TONY

a big congrats to gene, john  + paul j!!!

they earned gold, and all great guys to hang out with,

i wish my time over there wasnt so limited but i had to work my vendor spot

it was a cool site to see the 3 wings together, all different + all all great

a good weekend for all :cheers:

Davtona

Way to go Geno!!!!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  Awesome job!!!! Well Done!!!!  :cheers: :cheers:

hemi68charger

Quote from: paul jacobs on August 11, 2012, 03:53:10 PM
congrats to gene lewis, mike mancini-Tony d and john Antonelli for three oe gold Daytonas! We will probably never see this again.

Swwhhhaaaaeeeettttt !!!!!  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

RJS

Quote from: johntpr on August 11, 2012, 03:51:34 PM
OE Gold ! Congrats to Gene and Tony!

Hey John you did it!!!!!!  The yellow looks excellent on a Daytona.
Congrats to Gene and Tony also.

ECS

......and Paul Jacobs!  Great Job and Congratulations to ALL you guys. :2thumbs:  Especially Gene, since this is his great thread and extraordinary Restoration journey with Vance.
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

UFO

Three gold!!  Congrats guys.

Beep Beep Dave

Thats quite the accomplishment, congrats fellas!

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

held1823

kudos, to all three owners. it's great to see all of your efforts rewarded.

if ever there was a reason for a new thread with tons and tons of photos, these crown jewels (along with the borzych's gem) would be it.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

paul jacobs

Gene Lewis & Vance Cummins-best of show 2012 nats!!

Mytur Binsdirti

ECS

Quote from: TONY on August 11, 2012, 06:12:44 PM
a big congrats to gene.........

Indeed!  THE JUDGES HAVE SPOKEN!!!   :yesnod:

Congratulations Gene!  I am very Happy/Proud for you and am thrilled with your successful results.  This is poetic justice & redemption for the ordeal you experienced last year.  Kudos to Gene & Vance!  Enjoy the Victory and I will talk to you soon. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

69_500

Benji

Your typo "swamp meet" was pretty accurate!  We spent the day sidestepping mudpuddles and standing water!  I saw the cars under the tent on Saturday, looking good.

Benji

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

TONY

congrats to Gene for best of show!!

im sure it feels great to see your hard work and research acknowledged and rewarded!!

way to go!

:2thumbs:

resq302

First and foremost, congrats to everyone!  Well deserved im sure as I would love to own either of them!

Maybe it is my eyes or the distance of the photo but the window stickers look to be different sizes.  Maybe it is just me. :shruggy:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

TONY

Quote from: resq302 on August 12, 2012, 10:35:03 PM

Maybe it is my eyes or the distance of the photo but the window stickers look to be different sizes.  Maybe it is just me. :shruggy:

i know what your doing so please lets not take this thread into the gutter, there is no need to go there