News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electric radiator fans...suggestions?

Started by AKcharger, October 17, 2005, 09:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Since I can't find the correct shroud for my car I was thinking of getting one of those fan units that go in front of the radiator...anyone use them or have a suggestion?

Thanks

Fore40

hi, whats your ride how wide is the radiator? you can still get a 26" shroud from your chry/jeep/dodge dealer.
A bunch of times people have called out "nice charger"

Blown70

Quote from: AKcharger on October 17, 2005, 09:19:11 PM
Since I can't find the correct shroud for my car I was thinking of getting one of those fan units that go in front of the radiator...anyone use them or have a suggestion?

Thanks

you could make your own, and not look too bad.

I would also say IN my opinion RON DAVIS racing radiatiors are the best.

You can go with be cool I think too.  CUDAKEN has one in his charger you may ask him.

Tom

cudaken

I have a cross flow in mine, total with trans cooler is right around $270.00 I think. I don't need a shroud, even in traffic I stay at 160.

I have 2 new electric fans that I am not sure what I am going to do with them. I would sell the pair for $75.00 with shipping. They are 10 X 10 and can be used as a pusher or a puller. I would need to read the booklet that came with them but seemed each where around 1200 to 1400 CFM each.

Might use them, free HP is free HP but would not be for extra cooling. Mine is covered.

Cuda Ken
I am back

AKcharger

Cuda do you have photos on how those fans mount up?

cudaken

AK, I don't have any PIC, I did do a mock up . One fit in on the Driver side upper left, other one was lower right. This was from the front of the Radatior and pushing. With the ill fated Blowen 440 they had to be used as a pusher, would not clear the blower drive.

If you like PIC of the cross flow, I do have PIC of it. If you like PIC of the fan and specks I can post PIC I can post them for you.

Cuda Ken
I am back

NHCharger

I have a electric fan mounted in front of my radiator on my 72 Charger/318. I have it hooked to a temperature sensor on the upper radiator hose along with a control knob so I can adjust as to when I want the fan to come on. Their only good when your sitting in traffic and it's hot. On the highway if I'm running a bit warm and the fan comes on I think it interfere's with the natural air flow more than it helps. I'm considering removing the sensor and just running a wire to a switch on the dash so i can just flip on the fan if I need it. I'll take a few pics tommorrow and post them.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

NHCharger

Pic on my fan.
Second pic is the sensor control, a wire runs from the bottom of the control to the upper radiator hose.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel