News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

help with hood latch

Started by billssuperbird, September 30, 2008, 03:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billssuperbird

hood latch on a superbird. what color should it be. :shruggy:

hemigeno

Isn't it a gray phosphate-type coating?

billssuperbird

i saw some that were black. which one is the correct. :brickwall: :shruggy:

CornDogsCharger

I have been told that is it supposed to be semi gloss black.  This car belongs to a man that used to judge wing cars at the Mopar Nationals.  I feel it is accurate enough  :2thumbs:

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

hotrod98

Are we talking about the latch tray or the safety catch? I didn't think Superbirds had actual hood latches. Not trying to be cocky, just wondering.  :shruggy:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

CornDogsCharger

hotrod98, you're right.  Superbirds did not have an actual latch.  They all came with the panel that I attached above and a safty catch.  The safty catch is supposed to be left natural.  Also notice that the Superbirds did not have a striker for a latch.

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

pettybird

Quote from: hemigeno on September 30, 2008, 03:47:27 PM
Isn't it a gray phosphate-type coating?

I'm with you.  they're not bare metal, for sure.  I would go with dark gray or black phosphate. 

What do they use for the hood pop-up spring?  it that phosphate or zinc?

it's cool to see another car with the sticker on the wiper motor--do you have a closeup of it?  it's obvious my Petty car had one, and so did the Dressler Motors car.  I'd love to see what was printed out on the tag.

62 Max

Here's another one.

Spring is gray phosphate and safety catch is also phosphate but almost black.Both unfinished originals.

Hemi_tyme

62 Max

CornDogsCharger

Great pictures 62 Max.  were all stickers on the wiper motor the same?  I will have to try and get a picture of the one on the car I posted.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

moparstuart

mine is still original and a black color also
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

billssuperbird

my latch + spring are black i will go with that. thanks for your help. :drive: :2thumbs: