News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Two Lane Blacktop Daytona

Started by CornDogsCharger, October 08, 2008, 10:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CornDogsCharger

I'm sure it has been discussed here before but does anyone know anything about the red/orange Daytona that is seen at the very beginning of Two Lane Blacktop?  It has a teardrop style bulge hood.  Looks kinda like Big Willie's Daytona??  Besides being a pretty cheesy movie, it has a bunch of cool cars... lots of mopars!

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

CornDogsCharger

well, I just did a search... yup... Big Willie... enjoy the pix! :)

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

UFO

Would not surprise me if that car is now being restored(yellow in recent pics).
In the last pic you posted that sure looks like a trailer hitch out back.

moparstuart

that is the king daytona in the movie , not the yellow car, big willie had 3 daytona's
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

aussiemuscle

Anyone got pix of it in it's movie dress? please point them out to me.  :angel:

GeneralLeeTESH

Is BIG Willie still alive ? If so-what happened to him...AND his cars ???
The TESH

BigBlockSam

yea, he's still alive. he's wife died recently.  my new friend Don owns the yellow daytona . i think the other daytona's have been gone for a while and i hear his winged cuda is sitting in his yard.  :icon_smile_cool:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemigeno

Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 14, 2008, 11:16:17 AM
i think the other daytona's have been gone for a while

:yesnod:

His other two Daytonas (the King & Queen Daytonas, both Hemis) have indeed been gone for a while - since the early/mid '70s IIRC

moparstuart

wouldnt it be awesome to sit down and talk to big willie about street racing a HEMI daytona

nascarxx29

I taped a interview he did car crazy Barry Mc Guire and he talked about reopening terminal island raceway.And I didnt him recall going into any detail on the wingcars
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

I would love to see an interview now ? if he is still lucent . or see him at a wing car meet to talk .  I know that would never happen but really would be cool .