News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stinger fiberglass is selling there test vehicle

Started by BigBlockSam, October 07, 2008, 09:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

As you can see in one of the Photos , the Stinger nose fits like crap , just look at the outer fender radius and compare it to the Stinger nose . NOT EVEN CLOSE !  I had to cut the nose and push it out to the countour of fender .

BigBlockSam

my stinger nose matched the contours pretty good. just look at the pics. explain that daytonalo . the headlight doors where a mess.  :nana:

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

hotrod98

I hate to admit it but those headlamps are growing on me. Sure would have been a lot easier.  ::)

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

Not busting your balls but I also had to rework the top , mine as yours was a 1/2 low , I will never buy a Stinger nose again , after you get done reworking the thing headlight doors included , it makes sense to deal with the Jesus freak !

GeneralLeeTESH

The TESH

BigBlockSam

QuoteNot busting your balls but I also had to rework the top , mine as yours was a 1/2 low , I will never buy a Stinger nose again , after you get done reworking the thing headlight doors included

i've heard the same trouble with janek and showcar noses . the only person i know that was happy with there daytona nose was a dayclona nose .

:slap:

hotrod98

Bottom line is we're dealing with fiberglass.
But even with steel, when you take into consideration as to how large this component is and how each car is a little different in how the fenders align up, it's not hard to understand why we have so many problems with fit. That's why Janak has started offering to pre-fit the nose using a template. I guess he tweaks the mold a little before making the part.

Anyone interested in my extra Janak Daytona nose and wing?    2k plus shipping, no crate fee.
I also have the extra Currie superbird f/g nose and steel superbird wing. $1500 plus shipping

I just don't have the time to build extra clones for myself. Too much customer work to do.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 08, 2008, 11:07:32 AM
Bottom line is we're dealing with fiberglass.
But even with steel, when you take into consideration as to how large this component is and how each car is a little different in how the fenders align up, it's not hard to understand why we have so many problems with fit. That's why Janak has started offering to pre-fit the nose using a template. I guess he tweaks the mold a little before making the part.

Anyone interested in my extra Janak Daytona nose and wing?    2k plus shipping, no crate fee.
I also have the extra Currie superbird f/g nose and steel superbird wing. $1500 plus shipping

I just don't have the time to build extra clones for myself. Too much customer work to do.
you will kick your self later for getting rid of the stuff
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

Quoteyou will kick your self later for getting rid of the stuff

:yesnod: yep

hotrod98

I have way too much stuff sitting around that I just don't need. It keeps begging to be used on new projects that I really shouldn't take on. I almost traded for a 70 Charger this week to build another clone, but as soon as I started looking at the car I realized that it would take time away from more important projects. It's the same reason that I sold off all three 3rd gen Chargers and all of the 3rd gen parts. I kept wanting to build a 3rd gen wingcar.
I plan to take some pics and place the wingcar parts on e-bay in a few days.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

nakita7

I realize fiberglass is different and all, but if these noses are done from 'original molds' and all, how can they be that much out? I can understand reworking edges and corners, but to push sides out and up and all that, they can't be copies of originals, right?

hotrod98

Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 08, 2008, 05:45:45 PM
what about your wife's birdie ?

That's the project that I have to concentrate on the most. I have Dayclona stuff for that car now and I just bought a perfect set of fenders.

Quote from: nakita7 on October 08, 2008, 07:47:17 PM
I realize fiberglass is different and all, but if these noses are done from 'original molds' and all, how can they be that much out? I can understand reworking edges and corners, but to push sides out and up and all that, they can't be copies of originals, right?

Janak's molds were made using original wing car parts. However, molds tend to deteriorate as they're used over and over. At some point, it would be necessary to replace it.

Charles Addams

daytonalo

I have been doing F-g work for 20 years , all of these parts are made with just Polyester resin which is cheap garbage , we have discussed this before , that resin is forever shrinking months after it is pulled from mold . I have built , raced and repaired race boats and if you want a really nice F/G part you must use Vinylester resin , twice the price but worth it , case closed !!!!!!

nakita7

suntech

QuoteI have built , raced and repaired race boats and if you want a really nice F/G part you must use Vinylester resin , twice the price but worth it , case closed !!!!!!
I have done exactly the same, and could´nt agree more. You could go even further, and use epoxy, but it has downsides also, like heat to cure etc. Vinylester is in rough terms a mix of poyester and epoxy, and is great!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

daytonalo

hotrod98

I used Elmer's glue on mine. I just make sure that I don't drive it in the rain.  :coolgleamA:

Charles Addams

daytonalo

Epoxy biggest plus is that it has a much longer kick-off time which is helpfull on big or complex parts , also to do it right you would need an Autoclave .

Larry

JOEDIRT

Quote from: daytonalo on October 07, 2008, 09:25:19 PM
As you can see in one of the Photos , the Stinger nose fits like crap , just look at the outer fender radius and compare it to the Stinger nose . NOT EVEN CLOSE !  I had to cut the nose and push it out to the countour of fender .
Guess what the know it all doesn't realize is the nose is only hung on with two small clamps for picture purposes, My stinger nose fit like a glove, lots of miserable people out there who are uninformed authorities.

daytonalo

I have have one and have had a few in my shop , get your eyes checked as soon as possible Cupcake !!!!!!!!!

hemigeno

Larry, you've been reading your Dale Carnegie books again, haven't you??

:P

This nosecone does look like it'll have a tough time matching the contour of the fender though.  Will it make a difference once it's properly attached to the Z-Braces?  I dunno, that's an awful lot of missing curvature in that nosecone.

I'm no expert in fiberglass, that's for sure...