News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Alive again.

Started by lloyd3, April 13, 2024, 12:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

Took my car out tonight, after two stiff drinks. Writing anything here sucks you know. If you f-up, it's gone. Computers suck in general anyway, no matter. Pulled off the cover, primed the carb and lit her up. Been off my crutches for 10-days, out of my boot for a week. My wife was out for dinner (with a co-worker) so I was eating leftovers. I am sick of TV and my phone and... these cars are neither, thankfully. My left leg and the clutch are now reacquainted and 440 therapy works very nicely (for a number of complaints). Nice to be mobile again and I am grateful for that. It's been a long winter here and I've been laid up for 3-long months. Got a haircut and a shave today too. Talk about weight loss, it was time. The sights, sounds and smells were everything I remembered. Even old guys need this every once in a while I suppose.  Bring on summer as I am ready.

Kern Dog

Quote from: lloyd3 on April 13, 2024, 12:43:54 AMTook my car out tonight, after two stiff drinks. Writing anything here sucks you know. If you f-up, it's gone. Computers suck in general anyway, no matter. Pulled off the cover, primed the carb and lit her up. Been off my crutches for 10-days, out of my boot for a week. My wife was out for dinner (with a co-worker) so I was eating leftovers. I am sick of TV and my phone and... these cars are neither, thankfully. My left leg and the clutch are now reacquainted and 440 therapy works very nicely (for a number of complaints). Nice to be mobile again and I am grateful for that. It's been a long winter here and I've been laid up for 3-long months. Got a haircut and a shave today too. Talk about weight loss, it was time. The sights, sounds and smells were everything I remembered. Even old guys need this every once in a while I suppose.  Bring on summer as I am ready.

I don't quite understand this part...

"Took my car out tonight, after two stiff drinks. Writing anything here sucks you know. If you f-up, it's gone. Computers suck in general anyway, no matter."

Are you feeling okay, man?

70 sublime

I hope you had the 2 drinks after you got back from the drive
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

b5blue

I get ya old man, I'm with ya 100%.  :cheers: Glad your mending well.  :2thumbs:

lloyd3

Well, I'd normally not have the two drinks first but it had been a productive day and I was celebrating. 

Had a good chat with my financial lady, a good chat with my son, I'd been to the barber and shaved off a full winter's growth of beard and a gigantic mop of hair and I was in shorts and a tee-shirt for the 1st time this year (it had been a beautiful warm day here). I simply needed a change of scenery. Growing up in the 60s and 70s does teach one how to manage intoxicants to a small degree and I gambled on our semi-rural circumstances to allow for a small toot. In retrospect, I'll likely not do it again but... it was quite lovely. The dash lights (and the headlights) aren't quite up to snuff anymore (and my eyesight at night isn't what it used to be either)...oh well. I needed to be reminded that life was still full of promise, that I wasn't locked onto a couch by a bum leg, and further, that I could still wrangle a car that wasn't all plastic and nanny-operated systems. 

It was a measured risk and I took it. Sometimes you have to to feel like you still have some control over your life. 

My complaints about computers aren't new. I simply liked the world better without them. They are insidious and dastardly.

b5blue

I doubt 2 nips had you buzzed!  :scratchchin:

lloyd3

I don't drink much anymore so yeah...I was buzzed a bit. A good buzz and likely a bit risky. Our roads out here are full of deer, antelope and other critters at night, along with kids zipping along in their rice-racers. I had two come up on me very quickly and their modern (blazing blue/white!) lighting systems simply overwhelmed my eyes for a bit. I turned right onto a side street until all the excitement had passed. Everybody's in a hurry out here anymore, even in the boonies it seems. I wasn't crawling either (easily doing the speed limit) but they weren't. It was enough to make me cut my toot short and head back to the barn. Even the lonely places here are starting to fill in. I call it the "California Disease".

b5blue

My 70 is not as "nice" as your Charger is. After painting it white one morning the sun blinded the crap out of me so I blacked out the hood.  :scratchchin:

lloyd3

That'll teach me to have a little fun. Saturday had my wife & I in the yard raking leaves and bagging pine needles. Normally, I do that as a fall exercise, but last October I was up on the Canadian border closing-up my late father-in-law's lake place (& doing a little bird hunting). Between real work and then big game (elk & deer) it somehow got overlooked so we actually generated quite a pile of bags (10 big overpackers) and we're not done yet. We've also got a number of limbs down from a big late-spring snowstorm here two-three weeks ago and my neighbor came over with his electric chainsaw(?) to help cut things down to size. I had plans for another daytime spin (as the weather was/is still lovely), but that was overtaken by events (church, grocery shopping, dog walking, etc.) so... I just replaced the cover on the car for now (I figured out why my right turn-signal wasn't working friday night, the bulb had been popped out of the socket by the folded-up cover in the trunk). 

I've still got a small hitch in my giddy-up (the medicos tell me that's going to take a while, like another 6/mos.- year?) and even a little yard work is pretty exhausting (you lose muscle so-fast when you're laid-up). Taxes & bills today and then another busy week (physical therapy, health insurance issues (ugh!), job search, etc.), but...late April here should provide other opportunities. Once all the tax (& medical) bills are resolved, then maybe some new tires? Everything is just so damn expensive anymore.